Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus Fantasy Baseball 2021 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ok, so I have added Strikeouts and GIDP as negative batting categories, and added Saves+Holds to the pitching category.

2. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Errors stink

3. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Not a fan of No Hitters and/or Perfect Games being categories. It's basically just adding on a tie (or two) to every matchup every week outside of the one or two times it happens. Pretty much cool with the rest though. Especially like the Saves/Holds combined stat, and K's as a negative for batters.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

hadn't considered this, good point. i'm fine with taking them away, but would want to at least add another 1 or 2 pitching stats if we are pulling those.

Groogz likes this.
  5. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Astros hit by pitch?

6. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Maybe add innings pitched? Or someone already said quality start, I just like the idea of finding a way to value pitchers on bad teams

Sean Murphy likes this.
  7. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I see that Quality Starts was brought up before. That's a pretty good one. Definitely attainable but not something that every pitcher is gonna get every time out.

8. Definitely also don't like using errors. Would be cool if we could find a way to have a positive defensive category but errors/fielding percentage is my least-favorite stat, or maybe tied with pitcher wins haha

PatRFinley likes this.
  9. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Dumb question maybe, but is there a spot to pull up what categories we can use on Yahoo?

10. wasttingaway

I’m 100% in favor of removing perfect games/no hitters and replacing with QS

11. PatRFinley

Groogz likes this.
  12. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I do not like combining saves and holds. It allows people to ignore relievers all together. A lot of times people punt relievers since its just 1 category. Separating them at least makes you think

I advise not to do it.

uuu likes this.
  14. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I 100% planned on punting relievers.

domotime2 likes this.
  15. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Never thought of it this way, but that makes sense. I'm not opposed to having both categories in there individually. Gives us an extra pitching category and puts more emphasis on relievers like you said.

domotime2 likes this.
  16. domotime2

I really think pitching should be wins, k, era, whip, holds, saves.

If you want a 7th category... quality start or losses

Lol perfect game and no hitter is a little silly

Groogz likes this.
  17. domotime2

Let's do 8x8

Runs, hits, rbi, hr, sb, avg, ops, (gidp or k) for negative

Wins, k, era, whip, saves, holds, quality starts, losses

Oooh I just noticed they have wild pitches and balks. Those could be unique I've never done those before

Groogz likes this.
  18. I dunno I'm of two minds about it. I think domo is right that it's better to make people think about relievers and not just try to rack up stats using starters or even starters with reliever eligibility across the other categories.

But at the same time both saves and holds are kinda dumb concepts imo and also it's really tough to predict how teams will use relievers in today's game. Just because you're the best arm in the pen doesn't mean you rack up saves necessarily.

What if we did appearances? Presumably if you're getting used a lot you're good right?

19. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I use my penis all the time and it's terrible. So I'm not sure about this.

20. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I just noticed they have catcher interference. Who would ever use that?

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the way it is currently set relievers are separated from starters, 2 starter slots 2 reliever slots then 4 spots for any pitchers. We can modify this however we want.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'm game for this

Groogz likes this.
  23. PatRFinley

Yeah that’s good with me, slight preference to K’s over GIDP, but I don’t really care

Groogz likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I too would lean more towards Ks than GIDP

domotime2 and Groogz like this.
  25. domotime2

Me too. Ks for hitters is something you CAN definitely plan for