Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus Fantasy Baseball 2021 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I’ll work on getting a 12th team this week so we can make it even - i’m sure it’ll work out, believe @uuu said he had a friend whod be down to join as well so we shoulnt have an issue.

wasttingaway and uuu like this.
  2. What would we think about doing the poll for pts vs categories and what categories to use before the draft instead of after? Would affect drafting strategy in some cases but sorry if that's too extra haha

edit: looks like we're doing categories not pts, sorry for missing that. still think it'd be helpful to nail down which ones we're using pre draft tho

PatRFinley, uuu and Swoos like this.
  3. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Interested if that last spot is still available

Sean Murphy, uuu and DaydreamNation like this.
  4. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I literally didn't invite my guy yet cause I knew we'd have a straggler.

PepsiOne likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Hit me with that email so i can getcha on board

PepsiOne likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

We definitely will, ill work on that before end of this week so we can use the weekend to deliberate so we are good to draft.

PatRFinley likes this.
  7. just realized that by "once everyone's team is in" you probably meant once league is filled out/folks are paid up, not once draft is finished

OOPS reading fail haha sorry

8. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Who do I pay and how much, was that directed yet?

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ill figure that out once we get going, i know there are websites you can use but it charges you fees and such on top of your dues, just trying to figure out a way to not have everyones money sitting in my venmo account and acciedntally spend it all and then owe you all after the season lol

10. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Money Pools & Group Funds | Collect Money | PayPal US

Or you can have my Venmo money in your account, idc.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  11. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I also don't care if we play for money or charity or what. Doesn't bother me. I just want to draft some Dodgers.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Invites sent to @wasttingaway & @PepsiOne - @uuu i believe youre the only one who has yet to confirm from the prior invites sent. slacker.

uuu likes this.
  13. Yeah I don't care if you just hang onto it in venmo all season unless that's a hassle for you Sean

PatRFinley likes this.
  14. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol no worries

uuu likes this.
  16. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Sean Murphy likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ok, so i set the scoring categories for batters & pitchers, but obviously everything can be modified if we agree to make changes.

I thought a fun/rare stat per group would be fun to have, so I added Grand Slams for batters and No Hitters/Perfect Games for pitchers. If your pitcher does that you deserve a point lol

Batters:
    Runs
    Hits
    Home Runs
    RBIs
    Stolen Bases
    Average
    OPS/Slugging combined (they can also be separate)
    Grand Slams

Pitchers:
    Wins
    Saves
    S/Os
    ERA
    WHIP
    No Hitters
    Perfect Games

My thoughts:
    -Batters should have a category that counts as a negative
    -Pitching should add 1 or 2 more spots I think

Also, here is the proposed team roster
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF x 3, Utility x 2
    SP x 2, Reliever x 2, SP/RP x 4
    4 IL spots
    5 Bench spots

Discuss.

PatRFinley and DaydreamNation like this.
  18. what we're not just doing WAR and calling it a day? KIDDING

19. DaydreamNation Mar 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2021)
    I think GIDP could be a good negative category for hitters. As for pitcher categories, I know someone else required holds somewhere in this thread? Struggling to think of others though

*edit: requested not required haha

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

We can definitely do GIDP and holds

21. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Runs, hits, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS (7). K's as a negative and GIDP as a negative would be fun too (errors?)
    Wins, K's, ERA, WHIP, Saves, Holds (6)... you can do BBs (as a negative) HRS (as a negative). Or Quality Starts for positive. If you want to do complete games as a fun category that's okay too.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  22. Ohhh I like the idea of quality starts as a positive, can help offset when you have a good pitcher on a shitty team who never gets wins

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't love errors, but would definitely support strikeouts and/or double plays for batters counting against

24. wasttingaway

I’ve played with errors in the past and didn’t really like it, I think K’s would be best for a negative category for hitters.

For pitching, I like the Saves + Holds category (combines the two together into one category). Loses could be another idea for a negative pitching category.

Just some thoughts. I’m good with whatever league decides to do.

DaydreamNation and uuu like this.
  25. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I like the idea of combining saves and holds, and agree errors could be more annoying than fun