Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus Fantasy Baseball 2021 • Page 13

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

What counts as a transaction though? If I move a player to IL and pick someone up, then later in the week if a player comes off IL so I drop a player on the team, does that count as 2 transactions? Or does it have to be add/drop someone in the same move?

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Usually 6 is the limit

But to be fair, chasing stats doesn't always works..theres era/whip and losses that adds up. I've learned you gotta be careful.

uuu likes this.
  3. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Adding. That's it. You can add two players a week. Moving a player to IL and adding someone is 1, dropping a player when he comes back doesn't count.

Yeah man, this literally isn't your fault at all, I just browsed transactions for the first time today and was like woah, wait. I think this is your first fantasy baseball league as is, I don't think you galaxy brain found a loophole.

Unless it's all an act and you galaxy brain found a loophole in which case you fucking boomed us.

4. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Agreed, except our league is kinda skewing heavily towards running stats.

5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm still gonna say that 4 should be the limit then. As someone who has only made 5 moves all season, this really doesn't even affect me lol, but I just feel like 2 won't be enough if someone has a really bad injury week and if your goal is to prevent people from picking up players just to get an advantage in categories, a limit of 4 still does it.

6. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

How big is our bench? I'd be down to add a guy to the bench and making it a limit of two. If you have more than 5 guys go out because of injury, I feel like part of you just needs to take the L on that.

7. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I never even thought about transaction limits or even knew they were a thing. I’ve only ever done a football league where that’s not really a thing. I just have dumb luck being so good. It’s how I won the basketball league this year even though I’d never played before lol

uuu likes this.
  8. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I'm onto you KoryOreo, total ringer.

koryoreo likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

he's a damn hustla

MysteryKnight and uuu like this.
  10. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

That said, yeah it's not a thing in football because benches are bigger and there is absolutely NOBODY playing someone on a bye week or injured, when they don't have to. In baseball guys play an uneven amount of games and have random days off, football being a one game a week thing is what makes it the perfect fantasy medium.

11. domotime2

I think 2 is way too little. There are plenty of categories that you can get hurt by adding and chasing players. Really were talking starting pitcher and there is losses and era and whip. Quality starts is hard to get.

The only thing I can really chase is ks and wins.

Id say 4 is fine

MysteryKnight and uuu like this.
  12. domotime2

Id say the biggest oddity of this league, which i find interesting is your pick up is automatic. Don't have to wait a day for waivers

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

so if i'm understanding correctly, we want to limit to (4) add/drops per week?

uuu likes this.
  14. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Yes, and waiting a day for waivers plz.

15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I think 4 is what I’d prefer as well. Just with covid and injuries it’s a fair limit. It’s not like I’m winning due picking up these players. Picking up players has lost me BA, OPS, ERA and WHIP on certain weeks lol

MysteryKnight likes this.
  16. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

100% has but if it won you the, 10 other categories that's a trade you make 1000/1000.

17. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

And for the record idc if I come in last, I just noticed the oddity in it. Keep winning Kory, take my money.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

OK, i made the max adds per week to 4, but do not see anywhere that i can control the waiver length. Currently the selection of "How Long players stay on waivers" is set to 2 days.

19. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Do we not have a waiver system at all?

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Screenshot 2021-05-17 112915.jpg

21. I don't like the unlimited add drops but I also really don't like changing rules several weeks into the season not gonna lie. But no super strong opinions, fine with whatever

uuu likes this.
  22. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

idc y'all, keep 'em. I'm just not interested enough in playing in that league to consistently set my lineup. I set my guys to the bench so I function as a bye week and everyone who plays me gets an even sweep from this point on.

23. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Unfortunately you doing this doesn't even things out though. With 16 weeks left, you're not facing everyone the same amount of times. 5 people would face you two more times and the other 6 would only face you once. I think at least you should continue to do what you were doing before all this went down. Set your lineup weekly even if you don't want to keep up with it daily.

DaydreamNation and MysteryKnight like this.
  24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t understand why one rule change is such a big deal to make someone quit the game. You paid, you’ve been playing for over a month already, why quit now? If you disagree with it, that’s fine, we voted to change it and that’s what the consensus was. I understand not everyone will be happy with it but this is a silly thing to quit over. If this is the string that makes you not interested then I don’t think you were ever interested to begin with, which is unfair to the league.

DaydreamNation and koryoreo like this.
  25. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

...I'm the one that brought up the rule change and it has nothing to do with that lol.