Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chipotle • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i like bringing chipotle home and adding my own sauces to it.

cholula + trader joe's green dragon sauce

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Nah it's at every location.

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

open your eyes chase, open your eyes

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

pico + green salsas, drizzle a little green Tabasco in every few bites.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin Feb 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 2, 2017)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This sounds good for lunch. I usually get:

Half chicken and half steak
    Grilled peppers/onions
    White rice
    Cheese
    Lettuce
    Pico
    Side of hot, so I can put some on each bite.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

They definitely have it here in DFW. It's usually what they refer to as the medium salsa. (Mild=pico, Medium=green, Hot=red) although sometimes the corn is referred to as medium too.

8. ChaseTx

I thought the medium was the darker red salsa. I never get it but aren't there two red ones?

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Naw, just the one red one. Medium one is green-ish, but I guess sometimes the color varies a little bit?!?!

10. imthegrimace

The green salsa is usually more brownish but the color can vary. The corn is also technically a medium salsa as well.

11. ChaseTx

I think that's the issue. I've seen it and never thought of it as green

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Went to Chipotle last night and it was a mess. I hadn't been in months so I was excited to go but it took 30 minutes to get through the line, they forgot the tortillas I ordered. They made my bowl in a lid because they ran out of bowls. Food was luke warm at best. They were completely out of the Chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce. Salt and pepper is now only available in the small paper to go packs. No more of the course sea salt?!

Huge bummer.

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Burrito > Bowl, end of story

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  14. imthegrimace

They must be testing the salt and pepper packets because we don't have those yet.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

It's not a good idea. Seems to go against the "green" nature of Chipotle to have individually wrapped paper S&P packets, but even more-so than that, I need the kosher salt.

Ken likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

I'm surprised you add salt to our food. The amount of salt in everything would blow your mind.

coleslawed and suicidesaints like this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I know. It's terrible. I don't need the salt, tbh. I just like the coarser kosher salt that you (used to) have at Chipotle. But it's probably for the best that it's gone.

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

@imthesheriff How long should it take to get people through the line at peak times. Like, if I walk in and the line is to the door, how long should I reasonably expect it to take?

19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It's like 10-15 minutes at mine.

20. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I ordered a bowl with everything on the side, including tortillas. I don't know why, but doing so confuses the fuck out of people sometimes, so much so that I caved and started ordering burritos instead.

Mr. Serotonin and Ferrari333SP like this.
  21. imthegrimace

I mean we still have the kosher salt for our recipes so I'm so they can give it to you still. Also 15 minute tops for peak times. But it's a tougher job than one might think. It's a cross between fast food and an actual restaurant because we're actually cooking food but people expect it as quickly as McDonald's. But a half hour is definitely too long.

22. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

"I'll take a bowl with 3 tortillas on the side. That's it's for the bowl, everything else is on the side."

*employee meltdown intensifies*

suicidesaints likes this.
  23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Oh for sure. I know it's not easy back there. I've worked in fast food, fast casual and fine dining so I get it. They were swamped and I knew I'd be waiting, just didn't think it should/would take that long. Usually they're pretty quick tbh.

24. imthegrimace

Probably call offs of the higher ups showed up to "help" and only slowed things down. Our online ordering has gotten better but I'm still not a fan out it. Chipotle needs to be eaten right when it's made in my opinion.

suicidesaints and ChaseTx like this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Like, how does this work? What ingredients go where?

coleslawed likes this.