Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chiodos Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jul 20, 2021.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the actual reverse order of mine, lawwd

Bane likes this.
  2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Any time I’ve listened to Chiodos over the last few years I’ve always tried to put my finger on why it just sounds so… odd and I think this is the perfect description

beachdude likes this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I think Cinematic Sunrise is actually a better fit for his vocal style. I wish they had released another EP or LP.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

he makes decent electronic music now and his voice sounds better because he cut out alot of the over the top faltery overly emo things he used to do with it

5. irthesteve

it's really a shame that project only ever released one EP

JamesMichael likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm going to be mad forever that I didn't go to one of their last shows. It was like a 200 cap venue 40 min from my house and Pete Wentz ended up playing bass. It was a great little EP.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I kind of wish he would've pushed further with badxchannels. The EP was a lot of fun and I liked the moodier direction he was taking it with the standalone singles, but it looks like he's pivoting back to DRUGS now (but without any of the other original band members).

He kept talking about a bxc album he had ready to go but that his label kept holding back so I'm really curious what happened.

8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

man drugs is such an awful band. it didnt even seem like they had many fans

9. irthesteve

The DRUGS album was fine enough, not super exciting but also not embarrassing, just kinda... There

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it was pretty well received. And more than anything I think there's just a large group of Craig fans who want him to keep making harder music, and DRUGS is his non-Chiodos outlet for that.

I loved it at the time - it definitely doesn't still mean as much to me as the first couple Chiodos ones. I wouldn't call it like a ~great~ album or anything, but once or twice a year I pop it on and enjoy it as a fun nostalgic ride. The rollout was so much fun too he had my hype through the roof

Bane and irthesteve like this.
  11. Bane

The spiciest meme

Honestly I think the DRUGS album is pretty fun and entertaining, I'd say I still like it. Definitely has some cringe ass lyrics but most albums in the scene do anyway so eh

12. irthesteve

Anytime I ever saw a Craig project live, he was a really entertaining performer, always brought it live

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

He is an incredible screamer live.

14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

beachdude likes this.
  15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Wowwwww

16. irthesteve

am I supposed to know who that is?

17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Bring Me the Horizon and I Killed the Prom Queen

18. irthesteve

ew

19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Nailed it. I’ve never really been a fan of Craig, don’t like his vocal tone much and his lyrics are often incredibly cringe (especially in DRUGS, that album really hasn’t aged well). The Brandon era of the band is by far their most interesting, Illuminaudio is the only album I return to from them. Shame it was a one-off.

Crisp X likes this.
  20. irthesteve

21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Decent track, I like it more than King I Am at least

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Exactly how I feel

beachdude likes this.
  23. irthesteve

Gotta be honest, completely forgot King I Am even came out, I thought this was the first release under the name since the first album

beachdude likes this.
  24. irthesteve

well shit, it is actually pretty good!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyable song, I probably don't like it as much as most songs off the original album, but it's fun and better than King I Am. Excited to see them on this tour