Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chiodos – All’s Well That Ends Well

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

To be honest, when I got “All’s Well That Ends Well” in the mail, I didn’t know what to expect. First known as the Chiodos Bros., they had a variety of styles show up in their earlier work, but with their Equal Vision debut, they tried to categorize their sound a bit more with duel-guitar riffs and better lyrics. While there is still a melting pot of styles on this release, it’s more defined. Chiodos is a sextet featuring vocalist Craig Owens, Radley Bell on keyboards and backing vocals, guitarists Pat McManaman and Jason Hale, and Matt Goddard on bass. Chiodos has a nice-sized fan base and has toured with the likes of Coheed and Cambria and Yellowcard. With musical influences from Saves The Day to Queen to At The Drive-In, Chiodos covers a lot of genres in their music. Filled with electronic beats, piano, metal riffs, screaming, and vocals that rival Anthony Green, this is one fun album. At times melodic and at times in your face, this is one album that will definitely intrigue you.

The album begins with an Interlude that features a raining premise followed by Muse-like piano playing. This leads into the energetic “All Nereids Beware,” which features a guitar riff that’ll get you moving. “The Words ‘Best Friend’ Become Redifined” hits you hard with its fist-pumping intro, which leads you to the piano serenading you to Owens’ talking. “There Are No Penguins In Alaska” is one of the more poppy songs on this album (which isn’t a bad thing). I could see this song becoming very popular among the kids in this scene. “No Hardcore Dancing In The Living Room” begins with slowly then leads into a fast bass drum beat to the screams of Owens. The guitars pick up and then drop back to the piano. A very up and down song, it’s a favorite of mine. Every song features something different, yet maintains a distinct sound.

Overall, this is another solid release by Equal Vision. Chiodos is only going to gain more fans with this stellar release. If you are into more than one specific genre, this is for you. The variety of this album has impressed me much. Expect the unexpected with Chiodos; you’ll enjoy it so much more.

This article was originally published on AbsolutePunk.net
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.