Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Childish Gambino - Awaken, My Love! (December 2, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 17, 2016.

1. yeah this rips, i'm here for it

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Had no idea that was him singing lol, that's crazy. Very curious for the album after hearing this.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Yo, he's gotten so many preorders already for this album.

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The album title is great too. This guy is honestly just one of my favourite people, and I really owe it to him to get deeper into his music. Gonna try to do that this month to prepare for this one

beachdude42 and Aaron Mook like this.
  5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I'm really digging this

6. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Never was into his music before but this track is soo damn good.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I really hate this. Although to be fair, I didn't expect to like it going in haha

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah this really does sound like an intro to the album. Basically taking the weird song structures of the back half of BTI and multiplying it by 10x

9. Yeah, but it's like...way more palatable than the back half of BTI imo. And I love that album.

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'm a huge fan of the back half, except for flight of the navigator and (less so) the last 2 songs. I agree this is a huge step up though. Its off-kilter but more interesting.

Not sure how many people heard this, but this was one of best songs on the Creed soundtrack, and looking back is a good indication of how his and Goransson's songwriting was going to progress.

11. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

What a brilliant opener.

I've been a huge Donald fan but none of his albums really stuck to me as a whole (still listen regularly though).

I'm hoping this one clicks with me.

12. Loving the song and the album art. Really curious to hear the album now.

13. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Well this took me by surprise. Really cool song.

14. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

yeah whoa this is wild

15. Bane

The spiciest meme

So yeah don't know what I was expecting from this even with seeing all these reactions before, but god damn. I can fuckin get with this. Kind of a welcome change of pace after I wasn't SUPER crazy about Because the Internet. Not that I disliked it, but eh. But I'm insanely hyped for this now.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. zmtr

Trusted

Freaks and Geeks EP is my favorite from him honestly. I should give BTI another listen

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've heard the live version a bunch of times but this still blew me away. The production is absolutely amazing and so are his vocals. He's a better singer than most professional singers at this point, I literally got chills when he did that one scream

I cannot wait for this, it has a strong chance of being my AOTY

18. sawhney[rusted]2

He's getting a really good response to this holy shit

19. Quercus

Regular

I'm in the same boat. Damn, this sounds great. I love it when musicians expand their sound. I'm excited to say the least.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

I've found with a lot of his stuff that it's a grower and I appreciate it more after the fact- couldn't get into BTI after Camp but now I definitely see it as the better album. With this I instantly love it, so it's throwing me all out of wack haha

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'm interested to see if he tours for this or not. Wouldn't be too surprised if he completely leaves behind his old stuff (or has two halves to the show), brings out non-rap support, plays the album in full, and has a really cool stage production.

But I don't think he's going to, except for a few festival dates.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

this isn't good, sorry everyone. props for trying something different i guess but nah.

bradsonemanband and sophos34 like this.
  23. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

ah here i was thinking it was good, how wrong i was!

Tyler, tdlyon, zigbigwig and 4 others like this.
  24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

its okay, people have been wrongly thinking he makes good music for years, you're not alone.

sophos34 likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

glad we all know the truth now