Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Childish Gambino – “This is America” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 7, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i've probably watched this video at least 5 times since it's release

Ska Senanake, CMilliken and tvck like this.
  3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Wow! That was a lot to digest. I'm excited to check it out some more

4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I don't find the lyrics on their own particularly poignant or well-composed but in the context of the video this is some crazy powerful stuff. I see something new each time I watch it. I couldn't believe it was the same song that I heard on SNL.

j0hnnyrt, Turkeylegz and CMilliken like this.
  5. CMilliken

Trusted

Song’s great. The video makes it even better. It’s good to hear him rap again. Excited to see where this goes.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Orville

Bino's back! As much as "Awaken, My Love!" Was great, it never filled the void of wanting a Childish record, can't wait for more. This guy always has some of the most interesting video treatments.

CMilliken likes this.
  7. Saephon

Regular

I notice something new every time I rewatch this. Donald Glover is brilliant. I highly recommend watching his show Atlanta on FX if you want more of this entertaining but poignant/uncomfortable kind of art.

CMilliken likes this.
  8. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I'm not big on this. Hope the rest of the album is close to BTI/Kauai in sound

9. LOVED this.

10. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

This is spectacular! Donald . Glover .

11. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I love the video, but I really don't like the song itself. I just don't like that style.