Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 58

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

Com-Ed says it could take “days” to fully restore everything as they are assessing all the damage Caused. I live in the south subs and we lost power at like 4 yesterday right before the storm actually hit. Then sometime between 11pm and 2am Comcast went out. I have power Cuz the place I live has a generator that auto kicks on when the power goes out. So power but no internet

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Outage Status: As of 11:24 AM on 8/11/2020 we indicate that 556 customer(s) are affected by a power outage in your area. Severe weather has interrupted your service. The preliminary restore time is 3:00 PM on 8/15/2020.

Ouch.

3. That’s what everyone around here has too, and at my in-laws’ in La Grange. Really hoping it’s just a worst case estimate.

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Actually seems that my power is back already! Not there currently to check, though. Hopefully it is back soon for everyone else.

Jim likes this.
  5. Cmoney86

Trusted

DBBA1C36-E522-4D85-B5C0-D94607CB8B8C.jpeg

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

My power and internet just came back on

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Chubby Wieners in Lincoln Square closed. They were also my go-to at Riot Fest.

8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

9. atlas

Trusted

Love our authoritarian girlboss mayor

10. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Remember when progressives said not to vote for her, but people believed just because she is gay and Black that she would be great and didn’t look at her record? I do.

11. chewbacca110 Aug 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2020)
    chewbacca110

This is why you shouldn't always vote for "woke" points. Viewpoints and track record are pretty damn important.

maryp1603 likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Why though? Are there "riots" and/or looting still going on?

13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i used to live in the south loop so I was and still am in a neighborhood watch group on facebook. im not really following it closely but it seems like a lot of looting is still going on.

14. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Shocked i tellz ya

15. atlas

Trusted

Policies that require other officers to step in when one of them is using excessive force, incredible. It's a foolproof plan, can you imagine what a catastrophe it would be if there were a workaround, say for example, just not doing that?

16. MexicanGuitars

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. MexicanGuitars

Finally some good news (I kid for the workers who are affected, not for the tourists).

19. chewbacca110

I hate 2020 so so so so so so much.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  20. MexicanGuitars

Was just about to post that. I think new restrictions are going to come next week ahead of Labor Day. 350+ cases a day now in the city alone and suburban Cook is on the state’s COVID watch

21. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Fuck that’s sad. He just opened his restaurant too. Ugh.

Orla likes this.
  22. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

RCN down for anyone?

scottlechowicz likes this.
  23. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It’s really acting up for me.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

25. atlas

Trusted

Anybody on the North side get a COVID test recently? Where’s the best/easiest place to go?