Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 54

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Apparently, the current guidance allows for indoor dining that is no more than 8 feet away from windows that can open up. Or something along those lines. Basically, when you have an exterior wall that is almost all windows or can be opened entirely...you can have some people a few feet inside.

2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yeah the loopholes around this are straight up whack and I think I’m even more anxious now then when cases were at their peak

3. atlas

Trusted

They can try and dance around it all they want but the more things they open, even with “rules”, the more cases are gonna go up. Just a question of whether they’re gonna decide they have to lock down again

4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yeah second lock down has to be coming, this is going to ramp up again and we haven’t done anything to slow it down from a federal or local level.

5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I dunno how they would do another lockdown to be honest. I think too many people are "over it" and it'd be hard to push everyone back inside again. Sad, because it's probably what's necessary.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It’s not a street fest. They closed down Broadway to car traffic so that restaurants could have more space to provide tables outside.

the same thing will happen soon on a stretch of Randolph.

Kellan and ItsAndrew like this.
  8. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I work right there. We are opening the lobby up for limited seating when everyone else does next week.

How long before everything shuts down again here? 3 or 4 weeks?

scottlechowicz likes this.
  9. chewbacca110 Jun 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2020)
    chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

3, if we're lucky. I wanna get back to another inevitable quarantine sooner rather than later.

10. MexicanGuitars

I was kind of hoping the city would be somewhat smart and postpone any more phases until after the 4th weekend like they did for Memorial Day.

11. Kellan

Lightfoot changed her tone really fast from “we won’t rush to re-open” to “bars and restaurants are an integral part of the fabric of our city.” Maybe they had a budget meeting.

hopefully she won’t be reluctant to shut us back down when there’s another big spike.

12. MexicanGuitars

Today's numbers (statewide) basically confirming that we're plateauing between 600-700 now that Phase 3 has borne out over 2-3 weeks. There's gonna be no way to get that to go down or even stabilize with indoor dining, museums, gyms reopening etc.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Not saying that ANY cases are good, but 600-700 in the whole state isn’t terrible, considering how big Illinois is.

14. MexicanGuitars

For comparison, New York had a similar number today but did like 3x as many tests, so their case positivity rate was under 1% while ours is close to 3.

At this point getting into the metrics that would allow us to be low or even medium risk in the city are going to be basically impossible

scottlechowicz and ItsAndrew like this.
  15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Erick Williams, owner of Virtue restaurant.

He can fuck right off.

16. chewbacca110

Yes, Erick. I love the struggle to find another job because my old one was ripped from me and one thousand other people at my old company. I am LOVING starting from scratch and trying to rebuild my career.

Never been to Virtue, never going to Virtue.

17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Just to drive the point home:

incognitojones and chewbacca110 like this.
  18. MexicanGuitars

Server at Longman tested positive and they shut down

19. chewbacca110

This is only going to keep happening.

Stay. Home. People.

20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I live in NY, but I absolutely adore Chicago. I hope everyone there is staying safe and I can’t wait to visit when all this is over.

21. MexicanGuitars

Three-week high in cases (all-time high in testing though) and plateauing in positivity rate and hospitalizations but sure bring on Phase 4 tomorrow. Haven't even done 2 full COVID infection cycles in the city.

22. MexicanGuitars

chewbacca110 and ItsAndrew like this.
  23. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I always suspected that Wrigleyville would doom us all.

24. MexicanGuitars

I’m still having anxiety of having biked on the Lakefront trail this weekend with so many people maskless

25. Kellan

The Walmart on Broadway and Diversey has been shut down for a couple of weeks and no one will say why. I have to imagine there was a big employee outbreak there? What else could the reason be?