Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 53

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Zoshchenko likes this.
  2. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Wrigleyville is a nightmare now...does someone come around and inspect all these bars to make sure they are social distancing or is it just based on trust? Because that shit is not working.

I cancelled my CTA monthly pass and have been walking to and from work every day and occasionally ubering. I'm so glad I don't have to walk through Wrigleyville anymore.

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Wrigleyville is, and has been, a complete cesspool for the 12 years I’ve lived here. Absolutely not surprised it’s back to normal 3 months into a pandemic. The bars suck and the people are even worse.

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Posted pics from yday in the GenPol thread. Leave it to the jabrones to fuck this up.

Edit: Not my actual pics lol

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If anyone watches local news at all, this is sad.

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I was sad about this earlier! He always seemed like such a nice guy.

Steve_JustAGuy and ItsAndrew like this.
  7. MexicanGuitars

When was the last time he was on? I swear it was pretty recently

ItsAndrew likes this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  9. MexicanGuitars

Just drove down Lake Shore and no one is being stopped on the trail, but the exits still have personnel and barricades. I’m confused

10. MexicanGuitars

Update: I am on the trail

11. MexicanGuitars

Not looking forward to this

12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Does anyone else feel like it’s 50/50 on people wearing masks vs not wearing masks in the city? Also, I went to Naperville for the day with some friends this past Saturday and literally NO ONE was wearing a mask in the downtown area.

I’ll be honest, wearing a mask is uncomfortable, but if it means I don’t get sick or potentially get someone else sick I’ll gladly wear it. What are all the non mask wearers thinking? Also, what are the couples with one person wearing a mask and the other not wearing one (or families where some are wearing and some are not) thinking?

14. MexicanGuitars

This past weekend was definitely the biggest drop off in mask wearing I’ve seen in the city. I think everyone is getting a false sense of security about the virus being less transmissible in the sunlight/outdoors/whatever. Kind of worries me since it seems we’re starting to plateau a bit on our case decrease

ItsAndrew likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I think people are seeing the “only 1,000 new cases in all of Illinois” or whatever low number it’s been recently and are like “the virus is pretty much gone, I can stop wearing my mask now” but the virus isn’t gone and masks are still highly advised.

16. MexicanGuitars

Arwady today said that while the official city count is 50k, she estimates it might be as high as 250k given the lack of testing early on and asymptomatic carriers. So if you ball park extrapolate the city’s current 7-day rolling average of 185 we’re still looking at 900ish people getting it per day

ItsAndrew likes this.
  17. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, I noticed a week or so ago that it was like 75% without masks. It's gotten to be more 50/50 now, but it surprises me. Friends in Indiana/Wisconsin say almost no one wears them or cares about it.

It's a hassle, especially constantly remembering to do the wash and have fresh ones ready but like you said it's worth it.

18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

7FA6B43D-BCCC-424F-9316-674F66AAB5DE.jpeg

No thanks.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  19. chewbacca110

NOPE

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

[​IMG]

ItsAndrew and chewbacca110 like this.
  21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Also, looks like Supt. Brown might be on the outs.

22. aspeedomodel

A place in the Square has been having people inside by the windows with windows open. No one wearing masks, just chilling like nothing's changed. It's nuts.

23. chewbacca110

Logan or Lincoln? I live in the latter.

24. aspeedomodel

Lincoln. Jerry's. I walk by it almost every day haha.

25. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah I walk my dog up that way regularly. it always has people in there.