Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 50

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

About time

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This doesn’t really affect my life. Running lately had been awesome because SO many people are tired of being cooped up.

3. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

This is a long shot but does anyone have any contacts with any food banks in Chicago? every office I call is closed.

I manage a Starbucks and we are about to shut down for two week. I have to donate 50+ gallons of milk and many ambient pastries by tomorrow afternoon or it’s going to be dumped

4. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

My church does a lot of work with the Friendship Center on the North side in Lincoln Square. I'm looking for a contact as I know many people use them as pantry and for hot meals.

5. chewbacca110

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

There is a massive severe weather outbreak in store tomorrow, just FYI. Potential for extremely fast moving, long track tornadoes.

Just even more bad news lately.

7. MexicanGuitars

I mean Virginia is going to June 10 right now; I’d be shocked if this lets up before the end of May

Fronnyfron likes this.
  8. chewbacca110

Michael Schmidt and kelseyleigh like this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Woman fatally shot in Logan Square

She was one of my old friends from middle school/high school. We went to a bunch of shows together back then. I haven't spoken to her in years, but I'm really bummed and having a hard time processing this one.

ItsAndrew and Michael Schmidt like this.
  11. MexicanGuitars

Just read the Trib article on this, i’m so sorry for your loss. Wishing you comfort in this real terrible time.

Daniel182 likes this.
  12. slates

Miss the windy city

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  13. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Hard agree. Definitely trying to move back sooner rather than later.

14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Thank you. I hadn’t even seen that article yet. What an unbelievable and sad story.

15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Heartbreaking. So, so sorry for you loss!

Daniel182 likes this.
  16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I’m from New York, but one of my daydreams is moving to Chicago. Just a perfect city.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  17. chewbacca110

You every try Fat Chris’ Pizza and Such? It’s mine and my girl’s new fav place.

Kellan and Orla like this.
  18. Orla

I haven’t! I’ll definitely have to check it out since it’s less than half a mile away

chewbacca110 likes this.
  19. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

My work opens back up on Tuesday so I was in store today after being off (/working a bit from home) for six-ish weeks. I immediately got very anxious outside because Clark Street was very crowded. Probably only 50% of people wearing masks. Tons of people walking in large groups. At least we are doing pick up only, I guess.

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

When I am outside, I also only see about half (or even less sometimes) of the people outside wearing masks. Or, I'll see people with masks but the masks are just around their neck or in their hand. What's the point of having a mask if you aren't going to wear it over your face??

People need to realize that wearing the mask isn't just for your health, it's for the health of others around you and you not wearing a mask is so selfish and shows you don't care about other peoples health.

Orla likes this.
  21. Orla

Was inside a grocery store yesterday and saw countless people only wearing their mask over their mouth (not nose) or pulling it down completely to talk, and not social distancing at times it could’ve been done

I can only imagine how hard it’s been for employees to actually enforce guidelines without facing verbal abuse/ risk to their own health & safety

22. MexicanGuitars

Was out a bit yesterday on the north side and was actually pretty surprised at how many people were wearing masks/coverings. Basically everyone in 10-person line for carryout at my local coffee place, but loads of people who were running/biking. Admittedly I was only going to do the mask for biking when i couldn't social distance but because everyone else was i decided too as well.

Still feels like biking at elevation though lol.

Orla likes this.
  23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Was going to walk for ice cream but bailed because there were way too many people out without masks. Way too anxious for this kind of world.

24. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, I feel like in my neighborhood it's like 80-90% people wearing masks. The coffee shop by my house gets packed in the morning and it seems like most people are covering faces.