Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Delilah's is a great whiskey bar as well.

MattLikesSsips likes this.
  2. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

So jacked they are opening another location closer to me currently. But yea, the place is tight.

Pretty excited for you. L&E is consistently one of my faves. I suggested it already to some folks but hit up Billy Sunday (right down the street) for some after dinner cocktails.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  3. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

The wife and I went 2 years ago and got all of the tourist stuff done (Art institute, bean, tower, Hancock, field museum, etc). We also did wrigley tour and game and were seeing the Cubs vs Dodgers this time. Wrigley was incredible. We've contemplated moving to Chicago but it's not in the cards yet.

4. MattLikesSsips

Delilahs looks awesome! Any place that will DJ punk and metal with that range of whiskey and beer is ok in my book.

5. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

It's pretty close to Kuma's Too (a secondary location of Kuma's Corner), I haven't been yet but a lot of people rave about their hamburgers.

MattLikesSsips likes this.
  6. MattLikesSsips

The wrigley tour is a must if you visit. One of the best moments during the wrigley tour was watching the groundskeeper run about 50 yards to yell at 1 guy to not touch the grass. I used to work in minor league baseball so it was extra special/hilarious.

7. yeknom

CEO/Shelob Supporter

no one has mentioned navy pier or shedd. There's so much to do there you won't be able to see it all in a visit.

8. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I've only been to Shedd once but thought it was really meh??? I mean I didn't pay for the extra exhibits so I don't know if that makes the experience better. I honestly think aquariums and zoos are boring as hell though so I guess my opinion doesn't count much on that front.

I'm anxious to go see the Field Museum for the first time.

9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The chicken and waffles and Longman and Eagle was way too expensive for that small amount of food, don't fall for it like I did.

10. It tastes so good though. The only other time I've been there I got a burger, which was also awesome and more reasonably priced.

11. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Amen.

I've heard Kuma's Too is vastly inferior to the original. I have yet to investigate, however.

12. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Just plain ol Kumas was one of the best burgers I've had in my life man. And the King Diamond they were blasting made it all the better.

13. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

I've had both Kuma's the original on and Kuma's Too. Quality wise they are identical IMO. What is the difference maker for me was atmosphere. The original Kuma's is the way to go.

14. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Fellow Jefferson Parker here...though I'll probably be moving to the north burbs late summer since both myself and the girlfriend work there now.

Very glad this thread exists.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  15. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Albany Park here. Nothing particularly exciting about the area, but I enjoy it.

16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

That's because Navy Pier blows lol, definition of a tourist trap right there.

Lived in Lincoln Park/Roscoe Village/Lakeview for 4 years while going to DePaul. The stretch on Roscoe I lived on was right around the corner from Northdown, Green Lady, and a T Joe's which made up for backing up to the brown line worth it.

17. swboyd

Northdown is one of my favorite bars in the city. I've only been there a couple times, but I love it.

18. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

At the airport waiting to leave Boston now. Excited to gorge on food all week.

19. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

You're coming at a good time. We've had shit weather that past couple weeks, but it should be relatively warm (by Chicago/Boston standards) and sunny for the next few days.

20. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Dave's Italian Kitchen closed......

21. 9th At Pine

I've never been... was that a popular spot?

22. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

Uptown (Buena Park more specifically) resident here.
    However, I lived in Jefferson Park for the first 31 years of my life. I kinda miss it when I have to, quite literally, fight someone for parking. However, we're getting into the time of year that it is all worth.

Also, saw favorite restaurants being thrown about & have to throw my 2 cents in.
    Kai Zan is my current favorite spot.
    Big Jones is a VERY VERY close second.

+1
    Food is identical. Hate the atmosphere of Too.

23. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Ukranian village resident subbin' in!

24. swboyd

What's everyone's favorite venue in the city? I'm partial to the Empty Bottle and Beat Kitchen. Cheap drinks, great staff at both, and generally awesome vibes all around.

25. 9th At Pine

Love both of those. My favorite venue overall is Lincoln Hall. The sound is great, the size is not too big but not too small, there's not a bad view in the room and it's super easy to grab beers.

cubsml34, Essie and Jim like this.