Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 48

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Really?? I have to imagine it’s expensive to have real estate in that area but.... it’s Walgreens. They have everything.

2. chewbacca110

kelseyleigh, GrantCloud, Orla and 2 others like this.
  3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Anyone know what the deal is with the 2 inches of snow ban for the main streets? First time dealing with this but I keep seeing conflicting info online about how often they activate it.

4. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

My understanding is there are two parking bans. The first is only effective December 1 and applies to overnight parking only, snow or no snow.

The 2 inches ban, like you basically mention...is vague. Chicago's verbiage is even vague since they say "can be activated" implying its not every time. So yeah outside of the 2 inches of snow, not sure what other (if any) criteria they use to activate the ban. If it were me, I would just assume if there is 2 inches of snow, I'm at risk.

Winter Snow Parking Restrictions

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Unless I'm missing something, the last time I recall the two inch snow ban was activated was during the 2011 rush hour blizzard that left Lake Shore Drive looking like this:

But yeah, it's not activated often until shit really hits the fan. You have a lot more to worry about with the December 1st parking ban, but that only applies to the highlighted main roads in this PDF:

https://www.chicago.gov/content/dam...ow20112012/Snow20172018/overnightL_120617.pdf

6. MexicanGuitars

Thanks all. I had a buddy ticketed once for being in the 2 inch zone but he said it was only for like 3-4 inches of snow.

7. swboyd

They're usually pretty good about announcing when the 2 inch ban is going into effect. You just gotta keep an eye on the news/city social media pages when there's a significant amount of snow coming.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  8. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I will never forget that storm. it was my first week living here and such a kick to the crotch welcoming me to my new home haha

swboyd and MexicanGuitars like this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I wonder who this could be...

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Kellan, chewbacca110 and swboyd like this.
  11. swboyd

troyplaysbass likes this.
  12. I’m not excited about anything they’ve announced so far, but I’m sure I’ll get there at some point. Any new venue that isn’t Live Nation owned is a win.

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

AXS isn't much better, though.

14. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Got into the Chicago Marathon next October. Pretty excited about it.

15. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

16. chewbacca110

congrats! Have you ran one before/Chicago before? I ran it in 2018 and loved it.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve only done a few half marathons before and put in for the lottery for this and actually got accepted. I adore the city of Chicago and try to get out there at least once a year (I live in Jersey City) so i’m very much looking forward to this being my first experience with a full!

18. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

If anyone was thinking about going to the Boston Manor / Microwave show but didn’t buy a ticket, I can sell you one for super cheap.

I can’t go anymore tonight because my staff is super unreliable.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I ran in 2012 and it was incredibly rewarding. It's quite the experience. Happy training, hopefully you get good weather.

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

21. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Just saw the Wonder Years are playing Concord in March. May have to bite, been meaning to finally see them.

22. I'll be there!

aspeedomodel likes this.
  23. swboyd

I'd go just to hear songs off of Spanish Love Songs' new record if I still lived in town. That's gonna be a fun show.

24. swboyd

[​IMG]

freezing outside in february watching hot snakes and pissed jeans sounds like a grand ol' time.

25. MexicanGuitars

An outdoors beer company sponsored event in Chicago winter will definitely result in pissed jeans

kpatrickwood likes this.