Chicago • Page 48

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

Beer/horror podcast - listen everywhere

Really?? I have to imagine it’s expensive to have real estate in that area but.... it’s Walgreens. They have everything.

2. chewbacca110

Beer/horror podcast - listen everywhere

kelseyleigh, GrantCloud, Orla and 2 others like this.
  3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Anyone know what the deal is with the 2 inches of snow ban for the main streets? First time dealing with this but I keep seeing conflicting info online about how often they activate it.

4. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

My understanding is there are two parking bans. The first is only effective December 1 and applies to overnight parking only, snow or no snow.

The 2 inches ban, like you basically mention...is vague. Chicago's verbiage is even vague since they say "can be activated" implying its not every time. So yeah outside of the 2 inches of snow, not sure what other (if any) criteria they use to activate the ban. If it were me, I would just assume if there is 2 inches of snow, I'm at risk.

Winter Snow Parking Restrictions

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  5. swboyd

I don't think I can fix this if I find god. Prestigious

Unless I'm missing something, the last time I recall the two inch snow ban was activated was during the 2011 rush hour blizzard that left Lake Shore Drive looking like this:

But yeah, it's not activated often until shit really hits the fan. You have a lot more to worry about with the December 1st parking ban, but that only applies to the highlighted main roads in this PDF:

https://www.chicago.gov/content/dam...ow20112012/Snow20172018/overnightL_120617.pdf

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Thanks all. I had a buddy ticketed once for being in the 2 inch zone but he said it was only for like 3-4 inches of snow.

7. swboyd

I don't think I can fix this if I find god. Prestigious

They're usually pretty good about announcing when the 2 inch ban is going into effect. You just gotta keep an eye on the news/city social media pages when there's a significant amount of snow coming.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  8. Jim

Kicking it middle school #freedotem Supporter

I will never forget that storm. it was my first week living here and such a kick to the crotch welcoming me to my new home haha

swboyd and MexicanGuitars like this.