Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 47

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. jdr2187

jdr2187

I will be there the next weekend, appreciate the warning though!

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I think Wicker Park is becoming more of a tourist destination now that no one can afford to live there except the richest kings of Europe, so that’s honestly not a bad play, basically halfway between O’Hare and downtown (closer to the latter) on the subway.

Still easy to get around with buses or Lyfts or the like but not as hectic as River North or what have you

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Roscoe Village is cool as a neighborhood but there isn’t much to do as a tourist who is only in town for a limited amount of time. It’s definitely more of a neighborhood. Same with Lincoln Square.

4. MexicanGuitars

Used to live in Roscoe and have fond memories of listening to the brown line for 21 hours a day lol

kelseyleigh likes this.
  5. jdr2187

jdr2187

I’m kind of leaning toward Wicker Park just bc the prices for an airbnb in that area are sooo much cheaper. I’d love to stay near the loop but it’s very expensive to stay there. How much of an inconvenience/hassle will it be to get back and forth between those areas?

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Its like 15 on the train from wicker to downtown

7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Manchester slipped up and posted they're playing METN in full 12/4 here. I assume they were waiting for Riot to end before announcing.
    fullsizeoutput_3c64.jpeg

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. MexicanGuitars

Super bummed I can’t go this. Always need some Flats

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Hahahahaha

Chance just called Reggies a shitty rock club on Jimmy Kimmel. Even he knows it sucks.

12. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I like Reggies. *shrug*

13. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

yeah Reggie’s is cool

swboyd and scottlechowicz like this.
  14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Pro-Reggie.

Anyone going to the Goose Island Block party this weekend? Gonna be a bananas taplist.

swboyd and scottlechowicz like this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Without causing a fight, where does the best traditional Chicago pizza?

As an aside, I'm veggie so that may change the opinion.

16. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

Traditional as in deep dish or thin crust?

Thin crust there are a bunch of great smaller operations spread throughout the city. Vito and Nick's I would consider probably among the top thin crust places. But it's kind of a hike depending where you are coming from.

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. chewbacca110

I always recommend Art Of Pizza for deep dish. Thin? I say Lou Malnattis (way better than their deep dish).

Slices, though?! Jimmys Pizza Cafe. I’d put it up against NY joints any way of the week.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Art of Pizza is real good. Lou's thin is surprisingly good, especially if you've only had their deep.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  20. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

My personal favorites when I lived in town were Pequod's for deep dish/stuffed and Piece for thinner crust. But you can't really go wrong with Art of Pizza and Lou's either.

chewbacca110 and ItsAndrew like this.
  21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Of the bigger chains, Lous is my favorite deep dish. Pequods is great too. I don’t get deep dish too often, think pizza is more my style.

Piece and Spacca Napoli are my two favorite pizza places in Chicago, however.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I like Pequods and Lou's for deep dish. I've only had Piece once but I remember it being good. I also like Pizzeria Bebu for thin crust.

23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Piece is fine but nothing special. Pequods is a good answer for deep dish that isn't one of the big two chains.

Honestly, pizza is all pretty good, hard to go wrong but I understand the pressure if its been hyped up.

I only eat deep dish at work or when someone from out of town is here really.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. chewbacca110

Pequods is not deep dish, y’all. It’s pan pizza.

Big, big, big difference.

25. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

If anyone lives in Lincoln Park or Lakeview, the Walgreens at Clark, Diversey, and Broadway is closing and liquor is 50% off. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a longer checkout line for anything.

Orla and kelseyleigh like this.