Chicago • Page 47

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. jdr2187

jdr2187

I will be there the next weekend, appreciate the warning though!

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I think Wicker Park is becoming more of a tourist destination now that no one can afford to live there except the richest kings of Europe, so that’s honestly not a bad play, basically halfway between O’Hare and downtown (closer to the latter) on the subway.

Still easy to get around with buses or Lyfts or the like but not as hectic as River North or what have you

3. ItsAndrew

Trusted

Roscoe Village is cool as a neighborhood but there isn’t much to do as a tourist who is only in town for a limited amount of time. It’s definitely more of a neighborhood. Same with Lincoln Square.

4. MexicanGuitars

Used to live in Roscoe and have fond memories of listening to the brown line for 21 hours a day lol

kelseyleigh likes this.
  5. jdr2187

jdr2187

I’m kind of leaning toward Wicker Park just bc the prices for an airbnb in that area are sooo much cheaper. I’d love to stay near the loop but it’s very expensive to stay there. How much of an inconvenience/hassle will it be to get back and forth between those areas?

6. incognitojones

www.notlovely.com Supporter

Its like 15 on the train from wicker to downtown

7. Jim

Kicking it middle school #freedotem Supporter

Manchester slipped up and posted they're playing METN in full 12/4 here. I assume they were waiting for Riot to end before announcing.
    fullsizeoutput_3c64.jpeg

8. MexicanGuitars

Super bummed I can’t go this. Always need some Flats

9. ItsAndrew

Trusted

10. ItsAndrew

Trusted