Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 46

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Garcia's in Lincoln Square?

Kate and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Kate and kelseyleigh like this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I live across the street and I am spoiled as fuck.

4. Jim

Trusted Supporter

My wife and I are always looking for a good Mexican place in the area as well! Have yet to find one however.

Kate likes this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

#TBT

chewbacca110 and scottlechowicz like this.
  6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

That bridge is right next to my apartment. So I walk across it once a week and each time I do, I think about that incident.

7. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That’s a mouthful.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  9. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Booo

10. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

it's still the damn aragon

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  11. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

fuck that shit

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Friday:
    Yob
    Bongripper
    Pallbearer
    REZN

Saturday:
    Parquet Courts
    Dehd
    Touched by Ghoul
    Modu Moctar
    Boogarins
    Pool Holograph

Jim likes this.
  13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

That Friday lineup. Holy shit.

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Parquet Courts hell yes.

Jim likes this.
  15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Parquet Courts headlining an Oktoberfest is perfect

16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I am hot on the lookout for a Menz G-Man aftershow tonight, especially with Off With Their Heads doing a record release show at Beat Kitchen

Jim likes this.
  17. Please let me know if you hear anything. I’m playing at Beerhead in Wrigleyville and would love to walk over to a Menzingers show afterwards.

18. jdr2187

jdr2187

I will be visiting Chicago for the first time in Mid October for a few days with my wife and 18 month old and was hoping this thread could give me a little advice. What is the best area to try to stay in that has plenty to do within walking distance or a short Uber drive. Wanting to avoid getting a rental car. What are some of the best restaurants to check out that are kid friendly (not super expensive/fancy)? Also just other things we should check out while in town. We currently have nothing planned while there. Music shows are unfortunately prob not going to be an option since we will have my daughter. Any feedback is appreciated!

19. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

I'm assuming you'll be using AirBnB or something like that. If that's the case, Lincoln Square and Roscoe Village are extremely family friendly and walkable.

Regardless, you will not need to rent a car as Uber or public transportation can get you where you need.

20. jdr2187

jdr2187

Good to know, thanks. Any suggestions for food and/or beer in those areas?

21. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

Garcia's is in Lincoln Square right on the square and is good if you want some decent Mexican. You can hop over to Andersonville from Lincoln Square and Hopleaf on Foster and Clark is a legit beer and food spot. If you stay in Lincoln Square, walking up and down Lincoln Avenue you'll bump into some good spots, I'm sure I'm forgetting or aren't even aware of.

Roscoe Village I'm not AS familiar with but breakfast/brunch wise I love Kitch'n

Pizza. Peoquod, Lou Malnati's are good gotos. But consider Art of Pizza if you are looking for more pan or deep dish. It's the most underrated, not talked about, gem of the pizza game here in Chicago (IMO). But really you should look to get thin, tavern cut pies. That's the true Chicago pizza (again, IMO).

Hot dogs. A lot of places will have a quality Chicago dog but if you say further north - check out Hot G-Dog. Spiritual successor to Hot Doug's which up until it closed was pretty famous in and out of Chicago.

If you want to venture out to Logan Square which is further south and west from those areas you'll find some good spots to hang out. Some that come to mind that are kid friendly during the day is Big Star, good hangs there. Parson's Chicken and Fish. Reno. Lula Cafe. Revolution. All quality there for food and drink. If you are in the area and are somewhat into comics, check out Challengers. They have a dope kids section too.

Depending how long you are here, I would definitely do the more touristy things as some of it can be super legit. Like the museums are world class and absolutely worth it. With the kid, the Museum of Science and Industry will be perfect. Architecture boat tours (if they are still doing them in October) are interesting.

Sorry, kind of all over the place. Hope this helps.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I personally think staying on the mag mile/in RiverNorth/Gold Coast is your best bet to be near attractions and a lot of popular things to do, but there are things to do everywhere in the city.

23. jdr2187

jdr2187

Very helpful! Thank you!

24. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll echo @ItsAndrew on staying somewhere closer downtown. I've lived in Roscoe for years now and it's great, but it's not a destination you know? The attractions and popular things are downtown, and mostly walkable. Anything outside of that area can be Uber'd to without much hassle. Just my two cents though.

jdr2187 likes this.
  25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

@jdr2187 the Chicago Marathon is 10/13, so I would highly recommend not coming that weekend.