Chicago • Page 45

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. incognitojones

www.notlovely.com Supporter

Didn't even know Courtney was playing

2. Jim

Kicking it middle school #freedotem Supporter

Same, would have gone.

3. incognitojones

www.notlovely.com Supporter

There are very few acts I would make myself go to the Taste for actually, but not even knowing is a little weird

4. troyplaysbass

reunion tour Supporter

Yeah, definitely less crowded than The Roots a few years back, which was a madhouse. Courtney was great though.

5. ItsAndrew

Trusted

Free show with Foxing, Now, Now, Ted Leo, Local H, and others.

Jim likes this.
  6. Jim

Kicking it middle school #freedotem Supporter

will be going to that

7. ItsAndrew

Trusted

Anyone going to the free Taking Back Sunday/Rozwell Kid/Pronoun show tomorrow at House of Vans. I'm considering hitting it up.

8. Daniel182

Cheers to the fact that we're not dead

I RSVP’d, but I don’t really want to stand in line to get in. Anyone have history with these House of Vans shows and can recommend how early to show up?

Atom Willard will still be drumming for them, and I would love to see that.

9. ItsAndrew

Trusted

Show up around 5PM and you should be able to get in. When I went for Danny’s a brown I got there around 5 (or later I can’t remember exactly) and got in. I went recently for Julien Baker too but I was in the front of the line for that.

10. Daniel182

Cheers to the fact that we're not dead

Do you know if it’s possible to get a ticket/wristband in line and not go inside right away?

TBS at 10:00 is a long time waiting around over there. :/

Attached Files:

11. ItsAndrew

Trusted

No, because your RSVP email is your ticket to get in. If you leave the line, you automatically lose your spot in line (unless you are with other people who are holding your spot for you).

Also, Pronoun and Rozwell Kid are both very good and worth watching. There's also free beer and cool artwork in there (designed for each specific show) and it's worth being there for a few hours rather than right when TBS starts (which you probably won't get in if you get there that late).

12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Seeing Ratboys at the Lincoln Square festival this afternoon if anyone’s going

13. ItsAndrew

Trusted

I’ll be there!

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Trusted

OHMME is playing about 15 mins after Ratboys and they are also very good and local!