Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 45

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Didn't even know Courtney was playing

2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Same, would have gone.

3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

There are very few acts I would make myself go to the Taste for actually, but not even knowing is a little weird

4. Yeah, definitely less crowded than The Roots a few years back, which was a madhouse. Courtney was great though.

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Free show with Foxing, Now, Now, Ted Leo, Local H, and others.

Jim likes this.
  6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

will be going to that

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone going to the free Taking Back Sunday/Rozwell Kid/Pronoun show tomorrow at House of Vans. I'm considering hitting it up.

8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I RSVP’d, but I don’t really want to stand in line to get in. Anyone have history with these House of Vans shows and can recommend how early to show up?

Atom Willard will still be drumming for them, and I would love to see that.

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Show up around 5PM and you should be able to get in. When I went for Danny’s a brown I got there around 5 (or later I can’t remember exactly) and got in. I went recently for Julien Baker too but I was in the front of the line for that.

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Do you know if it’s possible to get a ticket/wristband in line and not go inside right away?

TBS at 10:00 is a long time waiting around over there. :/

Attached Files:

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

No, because your RSVP email is your ticket to get in. If you leave the line, you automatically lose your spot in line (unless you are with other people who are holding your spot for you).

Also, Pronoun and Rozwell Kid are both very good and worth watching. There's also free beer and cool artwork in there (designed for each specific show) and it's worth being there for a few hours rather than right when TBS starts (which you probably won't get in if you get there that late).

12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Seeing Ratboys at the Lincoln Square festival this afternoon if anyone’s going

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll be there!

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

OHMME is playing about 15 mins after Ratboys and they are also very good and local!

15. MexicanGuitars

Chance the Snapper has been caught people

kelseyleigh likes this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Anyone ever got a parking ticket but had it NOT appear in the system? I went to go pay mine for a couple weeks ago but it's not listed. Wondering if i'm off scot free or if i'm going to get booted lol. Anyone had a similar experience? I got towed and retrieved it immediately after the ticket was issued, so i'm wondering if the person just never put it in the system.

17. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Who are y’all’s internet provider? Do you like them (as much as you can)? Were they your only option?

I think my place has some flexibility but who knows! Curious to hear other’s experiences

18. I had WOW internet for a wonderful six months before my latest move. Easily the best internet provider I’ve had. It was like $20 cheaper per month than Comcast, worked consistently, and their techs were so smart and nice when there actually was a weird, obscure problem with my service.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Orla, swboyd, troyplaysbass and 2 others like this.
  20. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

21. If anyone is around Wrigleyville today, stop by HVAC right after the Cubs game. I’m playing bass for Thomas Nicholas (from American Pie and Rookie of the Year). It’s mostly 90s covers and some of his original stuff, and I believe it’s free.

22. Kate

Trusted

Did they find another one now?

23. Kate

Trusted

Hi there! I'm Kate. I've been lurking here for awhile now so I decided to introduce myself! Also, my husband and I are looking for good mexican restaurant recommendations since around where we live (Irving Park) everything is average at best.

24. Welcome! Not super close to Irving Park but L’Patron on Fullerton in Logan Square is my favorite Mexican place in the city.

Kate likes this.
  25. Kate

Trusted

Ok thanks! I frequent Logan Square often so that's perfect.