Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 40

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

At Foxing tn if anyone else is going. Blue greenish button down w/ a yellow NIL t shirt

4. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Was at Foxing as well tonight. Such a great show.

MexicanGuitars and Jim like this.
  5. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Bit of self-promo, but it's in Chicago so I suppose it's relevant.

I'm playing guitar in You Folk (http://youfolk.bandcamp.com/) and our first show/record release is this Saturday, Oct. 6th at Burlington Bar with Snort, Emblems, and Tideshift. 8 PM, 8 dollars.

Come hang out??

6. I won’t be able to make it to this but Snort rules (Joram’s label put out my band’s record earlier this year).

nomemorial likes this.
  7. nomemorial

Oh awesome!! I've heard nothing but great things about them, I'm really excited to see everyone's set.

8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Roll call for Thrice on Friday? I'll be there.

KidLightning likes this.
  9. MexicanGuitars

Nope lol but I will be at Restos on Saturday.

10. Jim

Trusted Supporter

fucking dammit i want to go to both of those

11. swboyd Oct 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2018)
    swboyd

Hi, ya'll. Due to a personal emergency that just came up, I'm not gonna be able to make the Thrice show on Friday (which is hilariously ironic after my roll call post yesterday). Any of you all want to see the show for free? I bought a pre sale ticket through Soundrink and can try to have the ticket transferred over to your name. PM me if you are interested.

Soundrink won't let me transfer the tickets since it's so close to the show. NEVERMIND.

12. nomemorial

Little bit more "shameless promotion" but Halloween shows/costume parties are usually pretty objectively fun so thought I'd post em here.

Playing in two cover bands - Taking Back Sunday and Thursday (only playing the second show) next weekend with a bunch of other fun cover bands - come hang out and dress up and drink and sing along and stuff!

Both are house shows, but open to the public!

13. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Super n00b question:

Going to see Goo Goo Dolls tomorrow at The Chicago Theater, i have never been there before. Do they allow people to stand during the shows? I read somewhere that some people there get upset when other people are standing during the shows which is stupid since it's a freaking rock show.

14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

The one on Sunday looks fun. Where is that place?

15. chewbacca110

It's a fully seated venue so I wouldn't bank on standing. Granted: I've ony ever seen stand up there, not a musical act. That said: hardly a bad seat in the house.

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I saw Beach House there in August, and the entire crowd stood. I saw Kansas there two weeks ago, and the entire crowd sat.

Just depends on the show.

MattNotMatthew likes this.
  17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Seen a bunch of shows there. My morning jacket, spoon, Wilco, st Vincent, fleet foxes, death cab, iggy pop to name a few. FF was the only one people sat, death cab Ben made the crowd stand up.

18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Also have seen Fall Out Boy and Harry Styles there -- both of those had the full crowd standing.

19. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Awesome guys, thanks for the help. I am on the balcony, first row, pretty close to the middle. I am just worried about blocking other people's view.

I figured that since it's GGD there would be a lot of older people that would sit for the show.

Usually my rule is if i see anyone else standing then it's ok for me to stand, too.

20. MexicanGuitars

Menz announced a last minute show Tom at Cobra Lounge

21. chewbacca110

SNOW

22. swboyd

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  23. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Oh yay everyone forgot how to drive...

24. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I just tried to flag down a cop after I saw what I’m pretty sure was a drunk driver jump the curb and hit a tree and then drive off at Broadway and Wilson, but they just thought I was waving at them...lol. Who the fuck waves at cops just to say hello?

25. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Dang...I usually just call 911 on drunk drivers, but it's been awhile.