Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 34

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Green Mill also a v cool bar right by the Riv

Joe4th likes this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Hit Old Town Ale House for the first time this weekend. $18 Off Color pitchers and good vibes are an absolute respite coming from the jabrone bars around the block on Wells

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Had a first date there once. Super chill place with tons of history.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I dabbled in Old Town with some friends for Browns games during the NFL season, but I don't really have much need to go there currently.

The weather has been great so far this week. Not ready for it to go back to shit again on Thursday.

5. chewbacca110

Some parts of Old Town are great, but that mess of bars at Wells/North is super hit or miss. It dabbles into Wrigleyesque douchedom on the weekends, for sure. Great restaurants there, though.

MexicanGuitars and swboyd like this.
  6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I agree. Love most of food I've had in that area. Topo Gigio and Chicago Q are my faves. I'll avoid the area like the plague after 9 most days though.

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Chicago Q I've had once and it was incredible.

8. swboyd

It's tied for Smoque for best BBQ in the city for me...I haven't tried a lot of the new places that have been popping up over the last few years though so my frame of reference might be a bit off.

9. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I moved to Skokie about 2.5 years ago from out of the country, i go to shows probably every 2-3 weeks. I always go by myself (I am 34 yrs old, don't really know anyone around here).

Anyone been to the Rochaus in West Dundee yet? They seem to have some good shows there

10. MexicanGuitars

Anyone hitting Propagandhi/Iron Chic tom?

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

I should be there, as well as the G-man after show.

12. MexicanGuitars

13. Michael Schmidt

Will do! Are you going to G-man afterwards? That event should be a good time and you should be able to get in free with the concert wristband.

14. MexicanGuitars

Prob not. I gotta drive back to the burbs after lol.

15. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Is anyone else at Alvvays? Metro isn't much smaller than Thalia but this show seems so much more crowded

16. Michael Schmidt

It sold I’m pretty sure so that would make sense. I’m over at Beat Kitchen for the Copyrights. Really wanted to catch Alvvays though. Have a good show!

17. swboyd

[​IMG]
    Won't be able to make this because I'll be out of the country, but this seems like it'd be a swell time. $35 for this seems reasonable.

18. chewbacca110

WHAT?!?!

Def going to spring for that.

MexicanGuitars and swboyd like this.
  19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Weird that it exists

20. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Anyone interested in two tickets to the Felix Culpa show tonight at Beat Kitchen? I had a family matter come up and cannot attend.

2 tickets, no charge, take and enjoy.

21. Kellan

I hate that thing the L does where if there are long delays they turn a bunch of trains into Express, making me even more late. It probably makes sense in the grand scheme of the train schedules but it's super inconvienent.

swboyd likes this.
  22. swboyd

Logistically, it makes complete sense because they need to get the L trains spread out again to get proper traffic flowing again along the lines. It's one of the only things I hated about commuting to work downtown everyday as opposed to doing the reverse commute out to the north suburbs everyday...but my current job is so much better than my old consulting job downtown so I'm ultimately not gonna complain. My move to Des Plaines last year made the commute a lot easier than it was from Jefferson Park (now 20-30 minutes as opposed to 45 min- 1 hour 15 min one way).

23. swboyd

24. Kellan

Just had the absolute worst Uber experience of my life.

Trying to ride Pool on the way home from seeing Infinity War in Lincoln Park. The first driver picked someone up very close to me and that apparently made the app think it picked me up too, so the driver drove right past me.

Second driver picks me up and then proceeds to ask me to read the check engine lights on his dashboard to him because he can't see without his glasses! Then he drives down a dark alley, which turns out is a dead end.

We drop off the second rider and then pick someone up at the Addison Red Line who is INCREDIBLY DRUNK. He keeps opening and closing the windows, and saying he doesn't feel too well, making noises like he's going to throw up. The driver pulls over, not to let the guy throw up or anything, but to turn on the overhead light so the drunk guy can plug his phone into the aux port!

So now we are like three blocks north of Metro on Clark when the second rider realizes that I'm getting dropped off first. He tells the driver "I'll pay you to drop me off first, turn right!" And the driver does. So I tell the driver to stop the car and I got out.

swboyd and incognitojones like this.
  25. chewbacca110

Shocking.

I fucking hate Wrigleyville.

swboyd likes this.