Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Love Logan Square :heart: i spent a lot of time seeing films at Logan Theater and drinking whiskey at Longman & Eagle.

Yasqueen4 likes this.
  2. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I'm too poor for Longman & Eagle so I still haven't been there. TBH I'm too poor to live in Logan haha but I do like this neighborhood a lot. I'm still not over the fact that I can walk to shows from my apartment (before I moved I used to have to drive an 1.5hr to Boston and then take the T)

Yasqueen4 likes this.
  3. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Mondays are dollar Old Mill and 3 dollar whiskey shots of not even terrible whiskey. That's a night and a half. I'm super jealous that you live there. If I were in Chicago that's where I'd want to be.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  4. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

The worst part about living in Chicago is that there's SO many beer and whiskey deals and I hate beer and ruined whiskey for myself.

5. Hi Logan Square friends!

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Fridays at Flat Iron with $5 PBR/whisky specials were lethal for me last summer.

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I'm technically in Palmer Square but that is technically in Logan Square so...yeah...

8. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

So all of us essentially live in Logan? That's pretty rad. Do any of you ever go to the Emo night at the Burlington?

9. I haven't been yet, but I'd like to check it out sometime. Seems like they have a lot of cool shows there too.

10. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I havent seen a show there yet but Ive been to the last 3 emo nights. I think it's a good time but I usually use it as an excuse to get pretty drunk.

11. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Edgewater represent. We may not have all the cool bars and venues but god dammit do we ever have aging hippies and brunch.

12. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I was going to move back in June but decided on Saint Paul instead. Its better job wise for me, but I kind of regret my decision. I miss Chicago.

13. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Im not sure if Tweet is Edgewater or Rogers Park but that place is so damn good.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Edge water. And yes.... Tis delish.

I'm in Lincoln Park/Old Town near Second City.

15. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

I'm in Uptown. Looking to move back to Logan as I love it so much.

Boiler Room is my jam.

16. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Oh sweet it's snowing again.

_unproductive likes this.
  17. MattNotMatthew

So there is a place that has a special where they serve slices of ham on an actual Hamm's beer. I can't for the life of me remember what it's call or where its at.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

18. Ukrainian Village reporting in, moved over here last May and I absolutely love it. After three years in Lakeview I was ready to get out of the North Side.

Porches/Alex G this weekend is gonna be dooooooope

19. LiveFast_DieOld

Regular

Not necessarily Chicago.. but.. Palatine checking in?

Seeing UnderOath tonight and then Pinegrove/Into.it.Over.It./TWIABP @ Lincoln Hall April 30th! And then Riot Fest :)

Love this city.

20. MattNotMatthew

Fellow ILSTU alum, whaddup.

There have been a few shows at Durty Nellie's that I've kind of wanted to go to over the years.

21. LiveFast_DieOld

Regular

Roll 'birds!

Nellies shows are pretty legit. Saw New Found Glory and Reel Big Fish recently. Best part is leaving the show and being home in 3 minutes :)

22. MattNotMatthew

Yea I think Streetlight Manifesto played there at some point in recent years.

23. I'll be at the Underoath show tonight too. I'm really excited see Caspian, and Underoath will be cool, but I'm a bit disappointed that I committed to this with a friend before Laura Stevenson announced her tour.

24. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

West loop here. Spent 11 years in Lakeview before that.

Ever since I've been working as a lawyer my time for shows is pretty much non-existent. I did get a chance to see Coheed & Glassjaw a little bit ago.

I am still debating getting Thrice tix from StubHub. But the prices are just comical. We will see.

Regardless, hello Chicago people.

25. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Jefferson Park here. There's nothing cool here. Moving to Avondale for the summer then who knows.

I'm very glad this thread exists.