Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 24

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Ah got ya. Honestly this was the first show I ever went to at Quenchers so I'm not sure if it's standard or not. Few shows I've been to in the city run that late though. I think CWS ended at 12:45.

2. Unfortunately that's how it always is there. I think this was the first time I've actually stayed for a whole show there on a weeknight.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

They do three or four bands depending on the night and type of music, but they always start at 9.

Chicago venues vary so much, but most 21+ venues in Chicago that I go to a lot (Empty Bottle, Livewire) start at that time even during the week.

4. Figured this is as good a place as any to ask, I've got work all day today but would love to catch LCD at Pitchfork tonight, if anyone by chance has got 2 cheap tickets they are trying to get rid of HMU.

5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Starting at nine is different than doors at nine, no? Or do you mean doors at nine is very common? That's kind of a bummer if true haha.

6. Michael Schmidt

Damn, either I need to go back to school full time or get into the service industry and not work every night shift. A show ending at going on 1 on a week night is a bit extreme imo. I guess this is a learning moment as a new resident.

7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

LCD killed it last night as usual.

8. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

Y'all see this?

scottlechowicz and Sebas like this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Hmmm wonder who is playing.

10. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

Managed to snag tickets.

cubsml34 likes this.
  11. I'll be at the Blink show at (the?) Metro. Staying at a hotel near the venue too. Where should I get dinner!?

12. Michael Schmidt

Chicago Diner on Halsted is all vegan/veg. That's probably the closest place to the Metro that I'm aware of that is strictly that type of food.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  13. I really love the fact that you remember I don't eat meat, haha. Thank you!

14. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Pick Me Up cafe is closer and also has a great deal of vegan / veg options. Including an amazing mac n cheez.

But you really can't go wrong with either.

Edit: also, Dimos pizza is right there and does vegan pizzas.

15. MexicanGuitars

Can also endorse Dimos and Pick Me Up. Usually, Dimos doesn't have vegan slices on hand though, so you'll have to wait for them to make it, fyi if you're in a hurry. Should be good if you're just vegetarian though.

I also just went to Chicago Diner for the first time recently but it was the Logan Square location. All I had was a quinoa salad but my friend dug their vegan-hybrid meat entrees haha.

16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Chicago Diner has one of the best chicken fried steaks I've ever had and it is entirely meat free. And I'm not even vegetarian.

Michael Schmidt and cubsml34 like this.
  17. Michael Schmidt

Thank you for the heads up! I will have to check these places out.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It isn't in that area, but if you want truly awesome vegan pizza head to Boiler Room. Every Tuesday they have a special vegan pizza by the slice. Otherwise, you can build your own vegan pizza pie. It is really yummy.

19. Michael Schmidt

No problem man. I figured I would at least throw the suggestion out there haha. I know how the struggle can be sometimes when going to new places.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  20. Michael Schmidt

Did you by chance see Maura from Mixtapes when you went there? I'm pretty sure she works at that location. Otherwise, it's just her clone.

21. MexicanGuitars

Just looked up the band and I do not recall seeing anyone who resembled her

22. She definitely did work there for a while, but I don't think she lives in Chicago anymore.

23. I got your back if you come to Minneapolis

24. swboyd Jul 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2017)
    swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

To add on to the already growing list of veggie options if you want to go somewhere other than the Chicago Diner:

-Quesadilla La Reina Del Sur is a delicious Mexican place that focuses on veggie/vegan options.
    -Milt's BBQ for the Perplexed is nearish to the Metro and has a surprising amount of veggie-friendly options for a BBQ place. It's also kosher oddly enough
    -Lula Cafe in Logan Square has a vegetarian tasting menu that a couple friends of mine rave about.

25. Dope, thank you!