Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 20

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I never made it to the Double Door. Damn.

3. swboyd

Considering the way the legal fight around the location appeared to be coming, it was a matter of time. Still thought, it sucks. They have a lot of decent looking shows coming out there - Lordi, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Dead Meadow, Four Year Strong, Moose Blood, Despised Icon, Chairlift...it'll be interesting to see where those get relocated.

4. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Major bummer. Only been in Chicago a year and a half and have seen some great shows there. Really cool place.

5. Super bummed about that. Really glad I got to see a bunch bands I love there and even play there once. I hope they can get that Logan Square location figured out soon.

6. MexicanGuitars

Did the grand tour of the Logan hotspots last night without any lines, but at the outset at Spilt Milk i complemented someone on their ETID shirt and I sincerely hope it was one of you fine people

swboyd, Essie, troyplaysbass and 2 others like this.
  7. swboyd

So...is there any warm weather in our fine city's future?

aspeedomodel likes this.
  8. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

This thread needs to make a comeback, I'm looking for brunch spots jazz keyboard players and hot shows what's up

cubsml34 likes this.
  9. swboyd

10. I'm playing at Quenchers on the 13th, but I wish I could be in two places at once so I could see Charly Bliss too.

11. MexicanGuitars

Idk about all of those but if you're looking for a hot brunch player I'm your man

12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Hot brunch jazz lunch keyboard dinner, let's do it

cubsml34 likes this.
  13. scroopy.noopers

: (

wildberry brunch/breakfast is amazing, but if you're looking to get boozy, i can't remember. there was one place way up north i went to with my friend a lot, but i never knew the name of it lol

14. swboyd

Maybe it's just my unrefined palette, but the wait to quality of food ratio at Wildberry just never seems like it's worth it. I hate waiting an hour+ for food that's good, but not mindblowing. It's possible I've just grown too accustomed to brunch at the 24 hour dinner by my place in Jefferson Park, but IDK.

incognitojones likes this.
  15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

On the wild berry is good but not worth it side of this argument

There are too many solid brunch places to really make it necessary

swboyd likes this.
  16. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Stax is hands down my favorite brunch spot

17. scroopy.noopers

: (

Its been a couple years since I've been there but I remember it being kind of cheap and the skillets were always generous ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chicago needs to get on the New York brunch game. Literally any place that serves booze will offer some form of an eggy meal and drink special between 11am-4pm on the weekends.

18. swboyd

^Like I said, the food is good. I just don't like waiting an hour plus for a table.

Based off this discussion, I feel like a chorus.fm brunch meetup is in order.

cubsml34 likes this.
  19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah the wait is absurd at Wildberry. I've never even eaten there due to the wait - an hour plus for fucking breakfast food is a no go for me.

swboyd likes this.
  20. Cozy Corner and Handlebar are my favorite spots for breakfast/brunch. Never had Wildberry before.

swboyd likes this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

I rep Wishbone (more diner-ish) and Bakin & Eggs in West Lakeview

swboyd likes this.
  22. Sebas

Iguana, Spare Parts (Also: me), Mild High Club at Schuba's on the 16th!

incognitojones likes this.
  23. swboyd

I'm excited that they're opening up a cozy corner out by where I live. I've been to the one in Logan a few times and was always happy with the waits and the food. And if I'm remembering correctly that was even before the expansion.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  24. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

scottlechowicz likes this.