Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 19

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Currently at Title Fight/Hotelier lol

Zoshchenko likes this.
  2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I just had dinner across the street! If only I checked this thread before leaving

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

did that rule or did that rule? I hate myself for missing that and IIOI.

4. MexicanGuitars

They were both awesome lol. Both shows were 3 band bills and only lasted between 2:45 and 3:15. Definitely the kind of show-going I can get used to.

5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I'm disappointed that the last Weekend Nachos show, Ceremony, and Title Fight/Hotelier were all on the same night. But what can you do? I had fun seeing one of the best hardcore bands of the last few years off with a bang.

cubsml34 likes this.
  6. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

PBTT/IIOI and Cloakroom/Hotelier were a blast. Not a huge TF fan, but I know people love them. 3 band shows starting at 7PM are my kind of shows.

cubsml34 likes this.
  7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Oh man I hate the start at ten and go to like 1 am shows

cubsml34 and troyplaysbass like this.
  8. MexicanGuitars

August Burns Red playing "Messengers" in full was on the same day as IIOI/PBTT as well. Was going to go to the former before Evan announced he was playing Proper and that PBTT was direct support. When it rains it pours shows in Chicago.

9. swboyd

I don't mind them on Fridays and Saturdays. What pisses me off is when there's a show I want to go to at the Empty Bottle on a random weekday. Those shows never start until 9 at the earliest and will go until some point late at night.

10. nomemorial

Yep. Living in the suburbs and my wife being a full-time student (who works 14+ hour days) means anything going much past 12 is pretty frustrating/not doable for either of us. Missed too many shows for that reason alone.

Tons of good stuff coming up, though that I hope I can make.

incognitojones likes this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I saw Tricot at the Empty Bottle and each opener played like a full hour, they weren't on the stage until midnight. It was brutal.

But my band just played there and started at 9 and it was super chill and they were really nice and it sounded great so I have to stress that I think they are great I just am also sleepy.

swboyd likes this.
  12. nomemorial

Ugh - missed that tricot show because I thought it was a week later. Was super bummed about that, but I guess at that rate I woulda missed them anyway.

Empty Bottle is a great venue, though - saw Marissa Nadler there a few months back and it was great. Pretty sure I'm also just sleepy by nature, too. "This body ain't what it used to be" and whatnot

13. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

It was a really great show, they were so tight live. But I still dipped out to catch the last Western bus on like their second encore and work that next morning was rough. Love the bottle tho.

14. swboyd

I say all those mild criticisms above while still loving the Empty Bottle. It's my favorite venue in Chicago. It just boils down to having to balance having a full-time, professional job in the suburbs and loving going to shows in the city at the same time.

15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I'd love to see more shows start at like 7/88 and end at 11. Because early shows do seem a little too early sometimes. I got out of a show at like 9 once and had no idea what to do with my night.

16. nomemorial

Any websites that keep track of all of the venues in Chicago? I've missed/almost missed so many shows because I forget to check one venue's schedule or keep up with a band's page, haha.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Chicago, Illinois Music, Nightlife & Events
    Most, if not all, venues are on there.

incognitojones likes this.
  18. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Excited for City of Caterpillar this weekend! Never thought I'd see these guys live.

19. nomemorial

20. aspeedomodel

Holy crap, City of Caterpillar was amazing last night...surreal.

Also, their merch was all really well priced. Got a couple shirts.

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Anyone going to see Doomtree rapper POS at Bottom Lounge on Saturday? Gonna get rowdy.

22. nomemorial

City of Caterpillar was so damn good. Also, really enjoyed PMFS. Never seen them, but always heard great things and they lived up to it.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  23. aspeedomodel

Agreed. Was never big on Planes due to the vocals never really clicking with me on record, but live they killed it.

City was fantastic. So glad I got to see them finally.

24. nomemorial

My thoughts are the same on Planes, definitely. Now just hoping more bands in this genre start reuniting...haha

aspeedomodel likes this.
  25. aspeedomodel

Agreed! Getting to see them play was surreal and grabbed a few shirts which I have already worn haha. Was a great night and worth the shitty limited sleep I got that night.