Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location • Page 102

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Oh fuck yeah

Orla likes this.
  2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

3. I'm so happy my company hasn't pressured us one bit to return to the office, despite putting our name on a building shortly before the pandemic. I was only in one day a week before, but I would love to never go back.

Orla likes this.
  4. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

My work had us back in the office partially by late 2020 haha...:/

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I only work in my company’s office two days per month, which is probably about all I can handle right now anyway.

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My office is and has been “come in if you want” since mid 2021. They’re trying to encourage teams to come in as a whole one day a week.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Missed this from last week, but the fact that Lori remains convinced this city is a car city and people do not take the CTA is laughable. People are not taking the CTA now (at least the subway) because of the crime on it/at stations, how dirty the trains are, and the unreliable service, not because people much prefer driving their own cars lol. I am convinced the CTA will never improve as long as our shithead mayor has this dumb view.

8. aspeedomodel

I wish the Blue Line and bus on my route were reliable enough to get me to work. Would use them for sure. But alas, can't afford to stand and wait for 20-30 minutes.

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

Hopefully this means they will go back to playing music that made the station good before it got flipped

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Rock music is BACK baby!

11. Maverick

Trusted

Cool as long as they aren’t just gonna play RHCP, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden all day (And I like Nirvana)

12. Orla

The station should bring Local 101 back to the air next.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  13. chewbacca110

Will provide thoughts later. 91704FE1-144C-4B94-98A1-A3B241DE7624.jpeg

Orla, swboyd, MexicanGuitars and 2 others like this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

kelseyleigh likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

L & M Fine Foods, a small deli/market at Montrose and Lincoln. I imagine legit bottle shops would also carry it since Marz makes it.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  16. aspeedomodel

Love that place! Will swing by this weekend and grab some. Thanks

chewbacca110 likes this.
  17. chewbacca110 May 7, 2022
    (Last edited: May 7, 2022)
    chewbacca110

If you like Malort, you’ll like this. I am a fan because of its unique bitterness, which is inescapable, even in spritz form. Lots of lime and grapefruit juice upfront but it finishes with a muted Malort bitterness and floral hibiscus. In short, it’s a great Malort cocktail in a can.

Orla likes this.
  18. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

19. Orla

I chuckled at 'Drinks-182'.

20. chewbacca110

Does anyone know any local Chicago directors who would be open to filming a music video for my band?

21. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

New Trash are pretty good

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. aspeedomodel

I went to L&M and they had juuuuust sold out. Need to give this a shot, sounds up my alley.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. West suburbs folks - thoughts on Casten vs Newman in the House primary? I like them both, but my state rep (who I also really like) has been campaigning hard for Casten.

24. Tifoil

ñ

Didnt know there was a Chicago forum! Hello all!

I have a question, does anyone knows where can I find studios or rooms for rent on a monthly lease?
    My current lease is ending in June and I might move back to Mexico at the beginning of October, so Im looking for a place to live from July to September. Any help would be appreciated :)

25. The Grey Man

Newbie Supporter

I think I'll ultimately end up voting for Newman. She's my current rep and is active in the community. From what I understand Casten is the more moderate democrat and Newman runs a bit more on the progressive side.