Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Location

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Jumping on the city thread trend.

Chicago's a cool place. We have lots of great food, cool museums, beloved sports teams, more music festivals than one person can possibly attend, and at least a few Chorus.fm users.

Let's talk about Chicago.

Demetritheandroid and pachyderm like this.
  2. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I'll be there in two weeks

3. Been to Chicago a few times and I love it. Hoping to get back sometime this summer, and if nothing else, for Riot Fest!

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'll be there for p4k fest

troyplaysbass likes this.
  5. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I was waiting for someone else to start this thread. I just moved here in October (although I did a brief stint at Columbia in 2011/12)!

6. I couldn't swing the whole festival this year because of timing with work stuff, but I'm hoping for a Hotelier aftershow.

7. cwhit

me and @Sophos and @Wharf Rat and schlotty (not tagging your stupid fucking name) and idk who else rest of the crew see you there

8. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

This is what I'm hoping for too. A Porches aftershow would be nice as well.

9. cwhit

seeing purity ring and born gold at schubas in 2012 as an aftershow was unreal, one of my favorite shows ever

10. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I was just there at the end of February/beginning of March. Saw Wavves, Beach House and Foxing. I'm going back for P4K so I may see a wild cwhit. Chicago makes me wish I wasn't Canadian so I could move there easily.

11. _unproductive

Regular

just do it...

12. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Does anyone have upcoming shows they're seeing?
    I'm seeing Koji tomorrow night, Julien Baker on the 14th, and Basement on the 19th.

13. _unproductive

Regular

Space Blood / Enemies / Weatherbox the 6th

Caspian / Underoath the 7th

I'm playing a show on the 9th

14. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

What band are you in? Or rather are you a solo act? Where are you playing?

15. _unproductive

Regular

I am in Droughts. I would link to our fb, but I'm on mobile and can't figure it out :/

16. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I just found y'all in facebook! One of my friends already likes your page, that's cool!

_unproductive likes this.
  17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I live in Chicago, it is pretty chill. Seeing Milo tomorrow, then Laura Stevenson Thursday, then All Dogs Saturday. There are tons of great shows all the time and I barely go to any.

yoooo, I put you guys on a tiny compilation like six years ago, time flies

18. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Immigration is draconian man. I need to be employable and stuff.

19. Jose

weightless in the valley

I love Chicago, I bought my first record there, I had my first real kiss there and I really want to go back.

20. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Went to Chicago for the first time two weeks ago and it was awesome. Had way too much fun! And now I'm tempted to ship a Giordano's pizza here to CT.

21. _unproductive

Regular

Really??? Which one?

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

this one

I played it recently, holds up well even tho a lot of those bands broke up or changed names.

_unproductive and troyplaysbass like this.
  23. You guys are great. I saw you open for United Nations a couple years ago, and maybe another time with Forfeit.

A few I'm excited about: Ghost Key on the 11th, probably Julien Baker, Beach Slang on May 16th, Hop Along and Speedy Ortiz on May 19th.

I'll be on tour during the last week of April, which means I'm missing Empire! Empire!'s last Chicago show, Courtney Barnett, Into It. Over It., and at least one other good show that I can't think of at the moment.

24. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I forgot Im going to see IIOI too hahaha

25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I already have tickets for Speedy/Hop Along and Courtney Barnett/Bully, really looking forward to those. Have Mutual Benefit/Florist and then Mitski in July on my shortlist, then like house shows and stuff.