Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Open Air 2019 Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Rusty_Shackleford, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I was thinking this. They’re already here with all their gear and it would be super cool if they played a last minute house show.

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

weshankins34 and riotspray like this.
  3. Mtlman1331

Trusted

4. Cmoney86

Trusted

they are playing metro at 1130 with harms way added and tixs are 10$ and only available at the door

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

they are all playing metro tonight at 1130 tixs are only 10$

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

riotspray likes this.
  7. atlas

Trusted

oh fuck yeah

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'm so happy I didn't end up going today, but holy shit, that aftershow would've been insane.

9. atlas

Trusted

I think there’s more people in this line than there were at Open Air

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The rain, delay, and insane beer prices were all worth it to see System of a Down. One of my favorite bands of all time and their set had so many deep cuts that it kept me guessing. I am floating home now as we speak.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This show is kind of a mess. Doors were supposed to be at 11:15-11:30 and the show was supposed to start at 11:30, but it’s now past 12:30 and Vein is just starting.

12. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Saw people share a ton of photos from the event and oof! It was not a good look. That VIP area up front was huge. I can’t imagine buying a floor three day pass getting there and then being told you can only get halfway up before hitting a giant wall. It’s such a sellout thing at this point. Especially for a fest that was sold three years ago at being the “biggest” metal festival in the US. I went the first year and had a ton of fun, but it really looks like it’s done already. Danny Wimmer really looks like he burst his own festival bubble already. Looking online his fests now just look like they bleed you of every cent and took a lot of the fun out of them.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Issues aside I had a great time. Got in just after Beartooth, but Meshuggah and Ghost were fun and System was amazing of course. Honestly the place did fill out. It certainly wasn’t empty. Now how many people were there for cheap or free? I couldn’t say, but at least they showed. Front VIP area was definitely strange though.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Uh...

[​IMG]