Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chicago Open Air 2016 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 6, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Got some AFTERSHOW info COMING soon. gonna be a good weekend in ‪#‎CHITOWN‬!

3. kidinthebushes Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

All single day passes are sold out.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Chicago Open Air Pre-Party: The official Chicago Open Air Pre-Party presented by 95 WIIL Rock and 100.7 QRock will be held at Concord Music Hall on Thursday, July 14. Otep headlines the show with Shaman’s Harvest, Islander and Through Fire supporting. Chicago Open Air ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase discounted tickets in advance for $10. All ticket buyers should've received an email with their password!
    Regular tickets are $17. Get your tickets here.
    http://concordmusichall.com

Official Chicago Open Air After-Show Events:
    Friday, July 15: Helmet with Tight Phantomz at Double Door (1551 N. Damen Ave., Chicago)
    http://doubledoor.com/event/helmet

Saturday, July 16: Carcass with Deafheaven at Metro (3730 N. Clark Street, Chicago)
    https://www.etix.com/…/carcass-deafheaven-chicago-metrochic…

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Daily schedules are up!

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Anyone else going this weekend?

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Due to unforeseen immigration issues with Denis, we regret to announce we will be canceling our Chicago Open-Air appearance this year. We look forward to getting back out on the road as soon as possible. -AA

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

OPEN AIR SCARE: A 29-year-old man died Friday night after he fell off the railing two stories to the cement pavement below at the Chicago Open Air Festival.

10. kidinthebushes Jul 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 18, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

I had an absolute blast this weekend. We got very lucky with the weather especially last night. Rammstein, KORN, and Slipknot were all fantastic. Rammstein was unlike anything I have ever seen. In This Moment was also a lot of fun live even though didn't care for the music. It was nice that it was in the suburbs because it only took me 30 minutes to get back to my apartment. It didn't seem like it drew all that well given how great the headliners were but it definitely seemed like a lot of people on Facebook had a great time so hopefully it comes back next year. Minor complaints were having to walk up and down the stairs to get to both stages and the "gourmet man food" was a bit of a disappointment especially $13 for a mac and cheese sandwich. And Asking Alexandria canceled definitely sucked but there isn't much you can do about it.

11. Skullshine1

Late to the party but this was one of the best festivals I have been to in awhile, absolute blast, set up great, tons of great drinks, so much fun. I'm glad to hear they are coming back, will be buying field tickets next year for sure!

12. Marblez

I only went Sunday and somehow ended up on the field during Slipknot thanks in part to my hand being in a cast and a sympathetic security guard.

It wasn't bad. We spent a lot of time in the beer tent next to the second stage watching the live feed.

The biggest disappointment was Manson's set. I still don't understand the 3+minute wait between songs. He didn't do that any other time I had seen him.