Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chevelle Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Mar 6, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude and theagentcoma like this.
  2. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

This is excellent. Exactly what I needed.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it's kind of odd. jason makes money from selling less records because he owns his masters and publishing. you would think that would be something a band 25ish years old would also do

4. Cmoney86

Trusted

Posted on the bands Facebook page
    F668526C-2578-432C-88A0-66426B319B7A.jpeg

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Haven’t given this band a proper listen since like, 2005, but this thread has me excited to spin their new record.

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Update: Not really my thing, but that’s okay. I’m glad it’s getting such a warm reception from people.

And since this is a band thread, I don’t exactly have a Chevelle story, but from 2013-2015, I worked in a coffee shop where Pete would occasionally stop by. He was always pleasant towards the staff & made sure to tip well. Wish we had more customers like him.

beachdude likes this.
  7. J12

Trusted Supporter

I've been listening to this a ton and absolutely love it. My best friend and I were huge Chevelle fans up until Sci-Fi Crimes and then fell off. We're both fully on board with this one and can't stop talking about it.

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. phaynes12

upload_2021-7-1_12-15-39.jpeg

T E A L and Supernova like this.
  9. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

IDK where I would rank Niratias, but it's up there. The production for me is a bit of a bummer. Sounds fuzzy and it doesn't "hit" as hard as I want in a hard rock record.

10. phaynes12

it’s probably 6th for me

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah it's down the line, but still a very solid record.

12. J12

Trusted Supporter

I'm not exactly sure where I'd rank it. In fact, I don't really know where I'd rank any of their albums except Sci Fi Crimes at #1.

13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Vena Sera is best and it ain't close

mmhmm likes this.
  14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I think La Gargola is my fav

15. phaynes12

sci fi crimes

16. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Not a ranking as I can't figure that one out, but just the albums I like from them and then the albums I never really got into.

Wonder
    This Type
    La Gargola
    Niratias
    Point #1
    Vena Sera
    ------------
    Hats Off
    North Corridor
    Sci-Fi

17. J12

Trusted Supporter

I guess I'll give this a go...

Sci Fi Crimes
    This Type of Thinking...
    Vena Sera
    NIRATIAS
    Wonder What's Next

Point #1
    The North Corridor
    La Gargola
    Hats Off to the Bull

The second batch are records I never got into all that much. Love the top five.

18. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly how I felt about it. I love their sound and think they've always had great-sounding records. Something was just "off" about this one. I love the songwriting and the music itself, but the production killed it for me. Couldn't quite put this in normal rotation for that reason.

Supernova likes this.
  19. biffbybiff

one last ride then it's night night forever

This Type of Thinking
    Sci-Fi Crimes

Torn between those 2 for my favorite. I played them to absolute death when both came out

Vena Sera
    Wonder What's Next
    Point #1

Didn't listen to the others, lol. When Hats Off came out I half-assed listened to the first half and then gave up because I wasn't terribly interested. Randomly listened to a few tracks from the newest a couple weeks ago and thought they were ok, might give them albums a spin one evening when I sit down to work on something.

But man, I get such heavy tear-inducing nostalgia when i think about This Type of Thinking, how much I played it and how much it meant to me even if I didn't (and still don't!) know what the hell Pete was singing about.

20. Collins

Trusted

Hard to rank their discography because they’re so consistent. Recently I’ve been listening to This Type of Thinking a lot and there’s a ton of bangers on there. Probably my favorite atm

21. theagentcoma

Best three album stretch is Wonder What's Next - This Type of Thinking - Vena Sera

T E A L and mmhmm like this.
  22. theagentcoma

Turns out Self Destructor is my most played song of the year lol

JRGComedy likes this.
  23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

banger

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

Saw them tonight. They packed 15 songs into just over an hour set
    8F3A9B34-3029-4B41-A67B-3ADC6BA390E8.png