Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chevelle Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Mar 6, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

any fans?

I enjoy all their records, but Hats Off To The Bull and Sci-Fi Crimes are my favorite.

Just saw whee they are going to be playing in Chattanooga in May.

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

La Gorgola is my favorite.

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

North Corridor quickly became one of my favorites by them... very consistent band.

airik625 likes this.
  4. airik625

Chevelle came to Chattanooga tonight so I was finally able to see them perform live. Was a great show.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. beachdude

That's awesome! I still need to see them... what was the setlist like?

6. airik625

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. beachdude

8. airik625

Oh you just gotta see Deftones man! Chevelle too, but Deftones is more important haha.

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

went to their high school. they’re great.

10. atlas

Trusted

wait just a darn sec. what high school did they go to? G_______ C______?

11. primavera

well, i think it would have been called community when they were there since north wasn’t built yet, but yeah

12. atlas

Trusted

This is where I went to HS too.... small world

primavera likes this.
  13. primavera

hell yeah! i don't think i have any family members your age that would have gone there. maybe my youngest sister.

14. Davjs

Trusted

Moving this here, but Vena Sera is my favorite but by a small margin above This Type of Thinking.

To me, Vena Sera has some of their most underrated songs like Paint the Seconds, Midnight to Midnight, Humanoid, Straight Jacket Fashion and Sleep Walking Elite.

The only blemish on their discography though honestly is Hats off to the Bull.

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im getting into this band

16. Davjs

Trusted

They are super solid for a three piece and was my favorite all throughout highschool until I discovered Thrice, who should probably be everyone's favorite band :-)

Chevelle is still a top for me though.

17. primavera

it's by no means a bad record. i just think it was them trying to do the things that they nailed better on sci fi crimes.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

Sci Fi Crimes is the first Chevelle album where I don't like every song. The first 4 tracks are awesome and a fantastic run, then Fell Into Your Shoes never really clicked with me. Letter From a Thief never stuck with me either and out of all their songs was bummed it was chosen as a single, even though I know the meaning behind the song and why it's important to them. Roswell Spell picks it back up again just to have it drop off again for me with Interlewd and New Momentum. This Circus rules though and is maybe my favorite closer by them.

Sorry, I realize my reply turned into a mini review haha.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

I have a few hours left of work, I think its time to spin Vena Sera and Sci Fi Crimes again since it's been a while.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've been listening to so much Chevelle lately because of this and the other thread haha

JRGComedy, primavera and Davjs like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I just finished Vena Sera and man does it hold up so well. I think Paint the Seconds is maybe their most underrated song in their discography.

On to Sci-Fi Crimes!

Dog with a Blog and theagentcoma like this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

@primavera you are so right about Shameful Metaphors. Song is def one of their best.

primavera likes this.
  23. beachdude

Gonna listen to these guys later thanks to this thread, been too long since I’ve spun full albums.

primavera, theagentcoma and Davjs like this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

Another Update: Fell Into Your Shoes is not as bad as I remember and the guitar solo bridge is really badass. The guitar in it all around is great actually. I think it's just the chorus and the way he sings it that bugs me a bit. The verses and bridge jam!

25. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yeah the chorus is what kills that song for me tbh

Davjs likes this.