Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chernobyl (Johan Renck, May 6, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dinosaurs Dish, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This show doesn’t fuck around.

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The growing sound of the dosimeters is such a simple but effective sound effect. Awful, just awful.

3. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Yeah, definitely a tense and grim ending to the second episode, despite knowing they were all gonna die anyway.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm listening to the official podcast with the guy who wrote this miniseries and he specifically talks about this man and what he did and said, just FYI if you want more background on that character and actions.

I recommend the podcast to everyone, it's fascinating.

bachna84, Shakriel and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This is fantastic and horrific. I knew about the three divers who had to save the plant but I never knew just how catastrophic that could have been. The world would be massively different right now.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw the previews for this while catching up on GOT. Gonna check this out.

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m super excited and nervous to watch the second episode. I think I need to wait until it’s darker out to watch this time.

8. tvck

Trusted

Need to watch episode 2, but the one thing in episode 1 that really gave me anxiety was the score, or lack there of. So impactful.

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

THIS FUCKING SHOW

I Am Mick and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Honestly, I can't stop thinking about it. It's so good. I really hope it catches on

11. tvck

Trusted

Wow, the ending to that episode. This guy is incredible with tension and anxiety.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It's fucking insane that Craig Mazin, the writer/creator of the show's previous credits are almost entirely ABYSMAL comedy cash grabs. Scary Movie 3 and 4, The Hangover 2 and 3, Superhero Movie, etc

Like, this is so good.

Zilla likes this.
  13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The production design is off the charts in general, but the costumes, particularly the radiation gear, are so damn good. Them alone look creepy as fuck.

14. tvck

Trusted

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

We should have seen this coming, honestly. He helped write “RocketMan” starring Harland Williams, which is utterly brilliant.

16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Think I’m going to wait until all 5 eps are out then binge it in one day and really put myself in a mood. I remember when this shit happened!

Dinosaurs Dish and OotyPa like this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

^^ that’s my plan too. I’m pumped!

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m a binge freak but I don’t think I could do it for this. One episode made me so nervous and ill, I can’t imagine what five would be like.

OotyPa likes this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Might just do an episode a night to let it digest. I just dont like waiting a week between each watch.

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Only complaint so far is the British accents

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

i think it would have been worse with russian accents

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  22. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I know nothing about this show, but is it like a re-telling of the incident or some sort of horror set within the construct of the incident?

23. tvck

Trusted

I believe it’s been referred to as historical fiction, I.E. not all of the characters are actual people from the event and what not.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  24. Ya, the Emily Watson character is completely fictional and represents the many scientists that worked on fixing the crisis. For the sake of a tv drama over historical accuracy, it was better to condense the vast network of scientists into one character.

Watched Ep 2 last night. I like the Emily Watson character. Damn, what scary ending.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Emily Watson is one of my favorite actresses.