Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chase Tremaine Releases ‘Unfall’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Been listening a good amount I really enjoy it, good job man!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. orangehorizon

Trusted

Whats the reason for naming the album "Unfall"?

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. Thank you so much!!

4. The closer is titled "Unfallinlovewithable," and while it was becoming one of my favorite songs on the album, it was still quite a mouthful to always refer to it by its full title, so I started abbreviating it as "Unfall." One time, I googled the term out of curiosity and was reminded that "Unfall" translated to "accident" in German. (I say reminded because, while I've grown quite rusty, I studied German through high school and college, and I even lived in Germany for a summer.) This was also crazy to me because, alongside the germanic coincidence, there was a period of time when I was wrestling between releasing this album as Chase Tremaine or under my old band moniker, Ours By Accident. I've always been fascinated by the things that happen in our lives that seem so intentional or purposed, yet which originally occurred through a (seemingly?) random chain of events. This fascination with "accidents" is partially where the old band name came from, and the discovery that "unfall" had this triple meaning for me seemed to be another one of those weird, cosmic "accidents." So I basically had no questions about the Unfall being the album title after that one Google search.

Thanks for asking! Sorry for the blog-length answer.

orangehorizon likes this.