Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chart Round-Up: Drake Still Number One

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Drake is once again at number one on the charts, Gucci Mane comes in at number two, and Twenty One Pilots are sitting at number three:

Trailing Drake on the latest Billboard 200 at No. 2 is Gucci Mane’s Everybody Looking, which debuts in the runner-up slot with 68,000 units (of which, 43,000 are in traditional album sales). It’s the highest rank ever for the rap artist, who previously peaked at No. 4 in 2010 with The Appeal: Georgia’s Most Wanted.

2. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Can this just stop soon? This Drake album is too mediocre to have lasted this long.

Robk, Carmensaopaulo and nl5011 like this.
  3. Yeah, this Drake run just speaks to the mediocrity of most albums to come out this year by major artists (good on blink 182 for disrupting it for a week).

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I've gotten to the point where I can accept I simply won't enjoy most of Drake's music, but is this album really any good? I got about five songs in and turned off, but didn't read any reviews of it. Don't want my own personal tastes to cloud my judgement, but Views has been a machine on the charts and I'd be willing to listen to more informed listeners to make a case to me.

5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

it is pretty much the consensus that the album is an interminable slog

6. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

It's a garbage album. No reason it should be on top. No one I know likes it.

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Fair enough, that's what I figured. Maybe one day I'll work myself up into listening to the Pimp C feature, but we'll see.

8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted