Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Charly Bliss Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by unbornwhiskey, May 17, 2016.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

best band in new york. rily: grungy power-pop. they're about to go on tour with pup and their album should be out theoretically sometime this year

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

was super into that 3 song ep last year. and wow ruby is a jam... these guys need to get that LP out stat

3. bedwettingcosmo

thanks for kickin up the dirt on these guys for me...i'm addicted again.

4. bedwettingcosmo

when the fck is the full length

5. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I interviewed them when I was staff on AP and I don't think it even got a reply. Have followed the band ever since - love them.

6. bedwettingcosmo

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Been listening to the new single, and it's SO good.

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Will be listening to this album tomorrow

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Found this album randomly through Spotify and I've been really digging it.

Am I the only one who gets a bit of a Rachel vibe from Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer? Obviously these guys are a bit heavier...

JRGComedy and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

So, this association just sent me down a massive ZTR&RD hole. Man, for my money, Jalopy Go Far and Popsicle EP are two of the catchiest albums I have ever listened to. Surprised they never blew up.

11. jdr2187

jdr2187

ZTR&RD is exactly who I thought of the first time I heard Charly Bliss. They also remind a lot of Cruiserweight from back around the same time.

Drewski likes this.
  12. Skinkie

Regular

Posted this on the B-sides thread a few weeks back, but had no luck. Will leave it here in case anyone can help

I've been trying to track down some of the early releases by Charly Bliss. I've found the A Lot To Say EP and Heart of Glass (Blondie cover), but I"m still looking for

1. Gigantic (Pixies cover) - some places seem to list this as being on a version of the A Lot to Say EP
    2. A nameless EP from 2011, which I accidentally discovered existed due to the Wayback Machine

EP, by Charly Bliss

It looks like they were giving it away in 2011 through bandcamp and it had the following tracks:
    1. April
    2. Easy
    3. Gone
    4. Some Girls
    5. Sleep Talking

There's practically no information on this thing online other than a couple mentions of the track names in some band bios. Thanks in advance for any help

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

spot fucking on lol

i just randomly bumped into these guys online and im soooo into it. I was a big fan of Zolof and this is 100% zolof. I hope these guys get more of a following.

Drewski and JRGComedy like this.
  14. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I hate to ask this question, but what else of hers is considered essential? I was so blown away by Pop 2 - seriously, as imperfect a mixtape it is, it's some of the most exciting pop music i've heard in a while - that I checked out a few of her older singles, and for the most part, was pretty ambivalent. I'm listening to Number 1 Angel right now and liking it a ton, so I guess the best way to put this would be: if I love Charli XCX's 2017 output, what else of hers should I really listen to? I'm guessing the Vroom Vroom EP would be up my alley?

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I think you're looking for Charli, not Charly

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Hahaha, whoops. I was actually listening to both tonight, hence the thread confusion.

JRGComedy likes this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Excellent musical choices!

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just discovered this band after reading they'll be opening the Death Cab tour. OMG I'm in love.

unbornwhiskey, JRGComedy and ChaseTx like this.
  19. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

They're awesome live. See them at a small venue if you get a chance

20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I'm going to Ohio to see them this weekend and I am so excited!!!!!!

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I believe I saw that the lead singer is on the new Joyce Manor album?

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. bedwettingcosmo

wtf, which song?

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure, I just saw a post of her in the studio a while back, was hoping someone would know the details who has heard it aha.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

interesting. i didn't hear her on my initial listens but i'm holding out til its released now so

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

She's also on the new Pup album if that ever makes it out of sideonedummyhell

bedwettingcosmo likes this.