Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Charly Bliss - Guppy (April 21, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Feb 7, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

touring with death cab

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Want them to tour with PUP and new found glory

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they already toured with pup

let's not make those bands tour with a bad band like NFG

swboyd and Aregala like this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Very excited to see them this Wednesday

5. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Honestly, I enjoyed their set this afternoon at Shaky Knees more than anything else I’ve seen so far this weekend (excepting David Byrne). They’re so great and so charismatic, just a joy to watch. Getting up front for their set was everything I wanted it to be.

johnnyutes, JRGComedy and ChaseTx like this.
  6. ChaseTx

They were fantastic last night. So much fun

7. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I had the most fun I've had at any show (minus Paramore) seeing them on Friday. A great crowd, a great set. They played a couple of new songs that sounded amazing as well!

matthaber, Owlex and ChaseTx like this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Great record

9. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Seems she'll be doing some vocals on new pup album

Owlex, waking season, JM95 and 2 others like this.
  10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

here for that

11. ChaseTx

I never got around to really checking out Pup. Guess I should

12. username

hey you lil piss baby

I wish I could have gone to their show the other night

13. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Tomozaurus and JRGComedy like this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

what!!!

15. personalmaps

"I’m gonna buy a house and fill it with daughters and daughters and daughters and daughters and heaven" lyric of the year contender.

I hope they also release that "love song" they played the last 2 times I saw them soon!!

Tomozaurus likes this.
  16. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Oh man, I loved (ha!) that love song. Really excited for any new music from this band.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Stoked

18. Tomozaurus

Regular

Best modern band and I wish they'd get more attention.
    New song is so so good.

19. personalmaps

They played a BUNCH of new songs last night, so hopefully new album is coming very soon! (Also they were all amazing!)

20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Yup!

21. Tomozaurus

Regular

This might seem like a weird question, but: did any of the new songs have screaming in them? I've noticed that she's having a harder and harder time doing it live so I've been a bit concerned that their next album wont have any on it.

22. personalmaps

hmm interesting- I can't say I noticed anything different about her vocal delivery on the old songs, and she's still adding in the little yells/screams in stuff like Percolator and DQ. The new songs sounded very CB- fun, fast, cute, etc. From what I heard, I think the next album will be a logical progression from Guppy. It looks like @ImAMetaphor was there too (we have GOT TO SAY HI ONE OF THESE DAYS!) so they might have a more insightful answer :)

Tomozaurus and ImAMetaphor like this.
  23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Yeah! All the new songs sounded great. To me, they felt like taking the poppiest parts of CB's sound and amplifying it without losing the grit. I'd definitely agree with @personalmaps and say they felt like a logical progression from the first record. No "screaming" that I noticed, but her delivery didn't seem any different from the Guppy material. I'd also say that we might get the inclusion of more electronics on LP2. Eva/Sam were using more keys and pads in a couple of the new tracks.

Tomozaurus and ChaseTx like this.
  24. Tomozaurus

Regular

Thanks for the detailed answers guys, sounds like its going to be a killer album. Not that I doubted it, Guppy is one of my faves of the decade.