Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Charli XCX Band • Page 75

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Mar 8, 2016.

1. drummerAVA

Trusted

That's what I don't understand... Why not release them somehow as EP's? Mixtapes? ...as a double album or deluxe tracks?

I really don't get the business/politics of this industry... and especially these days, I feel like it makes no sense at all to have material and not have it immediately go onto streaming services and digital stores. The songs exist, you might as well monetize them. Unless I'm missing something...

I don't see why the labels would let them go to the wayside.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I mean that would be great, but the label and her would have to make agreements about how to release them, etc. Probably just a headache that no one wants to deal with

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. This is incredible. Genius mashup:

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Got to party with the queen last night in LA.

20190121_014255.jpg

She played 5 In The Morning, I Got It, and Trophy.

5. drummerAVA

Trusted

Charli confirmed on Beats 1 earlier that she’s currently working with EasyFun, Umru, and was also recently working with Rostam...

And assuming A.G. Cook and SOPHIE are still in the fold... so much potential! This album could really be killer...

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

fucking lol

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Uhhh wat

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

She's contributing a song too so maybe that'll be good. As long as it's not as bad as Justin Timberlake's song for the Trolls movie. :crylaugh:

9. sawhney[rusted]2

Lol just looked into the movie and the synopsis sounds so trite, and the cast looks bonkers...pitbull???

I’ll watch it ofc

ChiliTacos likes this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I didn't know there were people out there who disliked Can't Stop the Feeling. That song is such a bop.

11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I wish Bebe Rexha would go away. Also this is hilarious and I’m actually sort of excited.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ChiliTacos likes this.
  13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry, I was talking about this one. Somehow I forgot about CSTF, which is weird because that song was massive haha.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Trash song

Contender likes this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damnit and I had forgotten all about Hair Up lol

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I love how extra she is haha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. irthesteve

Today I learned that in 2017 she made a 9-track album with AG Cook in a single day, and probably will never release it. "I Got It" is the only thing released from that session.

20 Steps, Party Party, In My Arms, Happy Now, Dreams, 7 Days, Everything, I Don't Wanna Know and I Got It

Party Party has been performed live

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

I do remember hearing about that at one point. I would really love for it to materialize someday, but I’m not counting on it. Same goes for the Lil Peep Pop 2 track.

19. irthesteve

I did some more investigation today of unreleased projects and learned that in 2017, along with SO many song leaks, a proposed track list for her (scrapped) third album was leaked. Obviously this probably wouldn't end up as the FINAL album, but it's the most solid evidence of what the album would have been. I listened through it today in this order, pretty fun stuff. I wish she put the whole thing together officially, even just on streaming or whatever!

1. Come To My Party
    2. Girls Night Out
    3. Good Girls
    4. Bounce
    5. No Angel
    6. Taxi
    7. Down Like Whoa
    8. The One That I Die 4
    9. I Wanna Be With U
    10. Can You Hear Me?
    11. Waterfall
    12. Queen Lizzy
    13. After The Afterparty

drummerAVA likes this.
  20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

what does it mean if i think about charli every day of my life

21. sawhney[rusted]2

You’re living a good life

22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

alina and aliens exist like this.
  23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i'm getting a pop 2 tattoo soon and then I'll really never go a day without thinking about her.

24. username

hey you lil piss baby

I didn’t realize No Angel was that old

irthesteve likes this.
  25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

You can tell by her voice. It wasn’t damaged back then so there’s little auto tune

username likes this.