Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Charli XCX - Charli (September 13, 2019) Album • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Jun 13, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

2. username

hey you lil piss baby

That was so much fun! I cried a lot when she played Gone! My queen!

3. irthesteve

The remix is actually out now btw

4. irthesteve

The new verse is enjoyable, but as much as I'm not a Tommy fan, it's kinda weird to remix a song and just replace one verse with a different person's new verse

alina and SpyKi like this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I actually prefer the original. Still not a big fan of Tommys part but that's the song to me now.

irthesteve and ChiliTacos like this.
  6. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I think the new verse is pretty bad. Wish I liked it more.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Slayyyter's verse is alright. Doesn't get me as hyped as Tommy's does

alina likes this.
  8. username

hey you lil piss baby

Slayyyter was the opener last night so they obviously performed this version. I was sad that I didn’t get to party to Tommy’s verse but I get it.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

how was she?

10. username

hey you lil piss baby

We didn’t get in in time to see her. If they let us in right when we got there we would have seen 15-20 min but for some reason they were only letting people in a few at a time even though doors had been open over an hour.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  11. username

hey you lil piss baby

That 25 min track-by-track video has a lot of cool stuff in it. Acknowledges "Warm" as a companion to/in conversation with "TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME" (even though parts existed before that song dropped), "I Don't Wanna Know" came from that album in a day experiment she did with AG, "Official" is only on the album because AG really pushed for it (she thought people would hate it but trusts AG because his favorites are usually the fan favorites). Well worth watching! Some of these recent interviews have been rough (The Fader one is horrific) but the interviewer here really just lets her talk and only tries to guide the conversation sometimes. It's nice!

aliens exist and ChiliTacos like this.
  12. username

hey you lil piss baby

What she has to say about “Click” is interesting too. Originally recorded her bits in umru’s apartment late at night, so there was a noise curfew and he was basically whispering (which, I feel you can hear that in the chorus). Then got Kim and Tommy’s verses and had to record hers because theirs were so much better. She compares Kim’s verse you Nicki on “Monster”, not in terms of sound but that as a contribution that’s so good it’s career-defining, etc.

aliens exist and ChiliTacos like this.
  13. drummerAVA

Trusted

Imagine if Charli released Taxi... lol

14. irthesteve

I am LOLing at her asking the internet to send her a link to her song

drummerAVA likes this.
  15. username

hey you lil piss baby

There's a video of her responding to someone shouting for it in Montreal and she says something like "ask SOPHIE"

16. drummerAVA

Trusted

Go to 47:55... she’s never gonna let this one down! :crylaugh::crylaugh:

17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing her in Philly tonight!!!

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

PROBABLY the Nasty Cherry album announcement but her wording has me curious

19. irthesteve

I've definitely been enjoying the Nasty Cherry tracks thus far. Nothing mindblowing, but shaping up to be a fun album for sure

20. username

hey you lil piss baby

People are speculating this has something to do with Netflix or a TV show or something. Idk where the root of that comes from but she seems responsive to some of those comments.

Matt likes this.
  21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Whaaaa??

22. drummerAVA

Trusted

Charli airdropped the big announcement to fans at tonight's show (and played the final version of Taxi over the sound system lol...).

She's the queen.

23. username

hey you lil piss baby

I wondering if “starring” implies that it’s a fictional/narrative show or if it’s just a choice of wording. Curious regardless, she’s the best.

24. irthesteve

sounds fuckin WILD, excited to see the trailer

25. username

hey you lil piss baby

Something particularly funny about her calling a band that she assembled “unashamedly real”