Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Charli XCX - Charli (September 13, 2019) Album • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Jun 13, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think some Charli fans will dig this album, it's short and a nice little listen. Definitely PC music adjacent, has some SOPHIE production, I dunno I dig it... especially Emotions

2. sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I hope Tommy is aware and grateful that he’s featured on the best song on Charli

Maybe second best

4. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Tommy doesn’t need to be grateful, he’s more than deserving after releasing one of the best albums of last year!!

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Scott is right

6. drummerAVA

Trusted

Why do we KEEP when the WATER RUNS?
    Why do we LOVE if we’re SO MISTAKEN??
    Why do we LEAVE when the CHASE IS DONE?

7. irthesteve

she is amazing

drummerAVA, Matt, Slangster and 3 others like this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I agree with all those quotes

9. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

It really is that good

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Charli could make Yellow Submarine but The Beatles couldn't make Pop 2

K0ta and irthesteve like this.
  11. drummerAVA

Trusted

“Ahead of my time” - Charli XCX

I lost it... she’s hilarious.

12. username

hey you lil piss baby

Merch

I’m going to spend one thousand dollars

13. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

need that Click crew neck

14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Setlist is out

all of Charli, Boys, I Love It, Track 10 and Vroom Vroom. Was hoping for a couple songs from N1A and Pop 2 but I’m so hyped

15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

She really did that to Boom Clap rip :(

Idk why I care, it's an 18+ show, so I won't be able to go anyways, but still. Hope y'all have a great time!

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

Structure/sequencing of the setlist is weird but I’m still hype. So glad I got to see the Pop 2 show with N1A material (plus the extra stuff she performed at the afterparty), I might be a lot more bummed otherwise. I can see why some might be disappointed. It’s a shame she never got to properly tour the mixtapes.

Encore is pretty rough tbh.

17. marceting

Trusted

Did Slayter open tonight?

19. Mess at that setlist. Where's Focus, Unlock It, Girls Night Out, Roll With Me, Out Of My Head, .... ? Hopefully it doesn't stay the same for the entire tour

edit: Shame about her reading all of the harsh criticisms about it on twitter though.

20. irthesteve

Set list is great, it's a tour to celebrate the album

ChiliTacos and alina like this.
  21. Yeah after a few minutes I already feel better about it. It's bold and I wish more artists did this, especially when they know they've just released such a strong body of work after years of behind the scenes struggles.

On the other hand, the encore still bums me out. Boys doesn't really pop off live and, while I Love It will never get old, I don't need to hear them over N1A/Pop2/XCX World fan favorites. :/

22. username

hey you lil piss baby

The response on Twitter is awful, especially after how hard it’s been for her to get to the point of doing a huge headline tour like this. I get disappointment for not having favorites from projects that never got toured but there’s a large chunk of her “fan base” that is just horrible.

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I would have the time of my life no matter what was on the setlist

irthesteve likes this.
  24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

She added Unlock It tonight and thankfully didn't cut anything else. She said she added it because people online were angry lol. I feel so bad that no matter what she does, the toxic part of her fanbase is never satisfied.

25. irthesteve

Poor Charli