Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Charli XCX – “Boys” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

catchy. unsure of why she's not catching onto american radio

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i love thiss video

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i had to look up who all was in the video

Aminé; AG Cook; Barns Courtney; Brendan Urie; Bring Me The Horizon (Oli); Buddy; Cameron Dallas; Charlie Puth; Chromeo; Cobra Snake; Connor Franta; Dan Smith (Bastille); Denzel Curry; Di Casp (Youtuber); Diplo; Fai Khadra; Flume; Frank Carter; G Eazy; Jack Antonoff; Jack Guinness; Jay Park; Jay Prince; Joe Jonas; Joey Badass; Kaytranada; Khalid; Liam Fray (Courteeners); Mac DeMarco; Mark Ronson; Max Hershenow (MS MR); Mic Lowry; MNEK; One Ok Rock; Poet; Portugal, The Man; Prince & Jacob; Riz Ahmed & The Swet Shop Boys; Sage The Gemini; Shamari Maurice; Shokichi; Shaun Ross; Spector (Fred); Stormzy; THEY; The Fat Jew; The Hurts (Theo); The Libertines (Carl Barratt); The Slaves (Laurie); The Vamps (Tristan and James); Tinie Tempah; Tom Daley; Tom Grennan; Tommy Cash; Ty Dolla Sign; Vance Joy; Vampire Weekend (Ezra and Rostam); Will.i.am; Wiz Khalifa; Wstrn; BING WINNERS.

5. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Holy shit this video is the best. Never did I think I'd see Laurie Vincent, Frank Carter, Liam Fray and Carl Barat in a video with Will.I.Am, Wiz and Diplo.

So great. Tune too.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They haven't exactly tried. I tend to have a lot of top forty on in the car and can't recall ever hearing one of her singles.

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

ya ya! thats what i meant. caught on meaning = not getting air play. She's the biggest head scratcher when it comes to that stuff. When I was in the UK, "after the afterparty" was everywhere...as it should. It's a totally catchy pop banger that sounds perfect for radio...

but it got nothing in the states.

I'm always really curious about how that stuff works. How and why certain songs get played and or why record companies promote certain acts instead of others. Even acts like Gaga dont always get major play, Clarkson...

im rambling

8. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

LUV IT

9. charlie foti

Its usually not their choice, pr firms and publishing deals usually detail the kind of distro they get. Its all decided among a group of people that we dont even know about lol