Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chaos Walking (Doug Liman, March 5, 2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Serh Feb 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

based on patrick ness' novel the knife of letting go, originally scheduled for march 2019

In the near future, Todd Hewitt has been brought up to believe that a pathogen has killed all women in a colony world and unleashed Noise, the special ability to hear people's and animals' minds. Later, he comes upon a patch of silence and soon discovers the source of the silence: a mysterious woman named Viola Eade – the first he has ever met. On the run, they learn more about the true history of the New World.

starring tom holland and daisy ridley. also featuring mads mikkelsen, demián bichir, kurt sutter, nick jonas, cynthia erivo, and david oyelowo

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Sounds cool!

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The making of this movie has been such a mess, there is no way it's not a piece of shit/bombs. There are SIX screenwriters (somehow Charlie Kaufman is one of them), it finished shooting in 2017, had awful test screenings, and then had reshoots two years later with a different director and it's getting dumped in January a year in advance

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hell yes

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Apparently this underwent some extensive reshoots after a really bad test screening

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

principal photography wrapped in 2017

Dan Quinlan likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

anyway, that trailer was... something else

11. Night Channels

Trusted

This looks v bad

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

awful lol

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

this is the movie that will save movie theaters

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Just looks so, so stupid haha

15. tomtom94

Trusted

The line about the dog was so, so bad.

I've not read the books but I've heard only good things about them, this just looks like such a waste of talent.

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

long shot but anyone see this yet

17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

In the beforetimes, this is the kind of movie I would go see on a winter Sunday with nothing else to do, with my regal unlimited pass haha.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

that would require it existing

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  19. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I saw it today and have very mixed feelings. Just finished the book last week, so it was startling at how much was changed, I thought it really took away Todd's growth.

I think the whole process making the film over the last three years was a disaster and doomed what could have been a new Hunger Games-like series (I honestly can't see the stars signing on to deal with more of that). A bummer considering the end was left open for more.

If you haven't read the books, or just like fast-paced YA (all of the gore, which was a lot in the book, was removed for a PG13 rating) dystopian films, it's worth a watch. I'll give it another chance once it's available at home.

Also, animal warning/spoiler that I wish I had known,
    I have a very hard time with horse violence/death and there was a scene where a horse tumbles down a hill and has to be put down that WAS NOT IN THE BOOK AND I WASN'T PREPARED FOR that left me shaking/crying. There's also a dog death, which was in the book.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hulu 8/27

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

What a bland ass movie.