Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Channel Zero (SyFy) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by FrenzalRob, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Candle Cove was a little frustrating toward the end, but I enjoyed it overall. Gonna try and get the lady to watch season two with me without her spoiling the ending. lol

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  2. drewinseries

Drew

S2 is my favorite.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m finally finally for real this time working through the last two before my Shudder trial ends. I had to skip S3 because it was just really not working for me after two episodes and I didn’t want to miss S4. So far this one is way below the other two but is at least an easy binge which is nice. Love the Eraserhead reference a lot though.

I’ll try to power through S3 just in case I don’t have this option again soon, but I expect that to stay the bottom. S1 is still easily my favorite.

4. Aw man, S3 has so much cool stuff in it. S3 and S2 are very close, but I think my ranking is 3 > 2 > 1 > 4.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Everything about it just didn’t work for me. It seemed to be throwing things at the wall way more than any other season and leaning on gore for the sake of it, which I’m not into. 1 and 2 were both so good at creating unsettling and disturbing images without sacrificing the heart and emotion of the story.

4 has also ramped up the gore in the last two episodes and that’s a bummer. The story itself isn’t as compelling as the others, but there’s still more there than just a slasher and it’s a bit disappointing to see it go that way.

6. It's been a bit since I've watched it, but I remember being emotionally invested in the sisters from S3. Yes, it's is more viscous than the other seasons, but the visuals are so inventive and creepy. I rarely get to see horror go as abstract and out there as it does here. At the same time, I always felt like the terror was ultimately fueled by the character drama and each sister's past trauma.

I will say I like the emotional throughline of S2 more, but the visuals and atmosphere of S3 were so compelling for me. It was like a Alice in Wonderland fantasy horror, which I'm sure was the intention.

7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

4 is my favorite

its 4 >3 > 2=1 for me

8. angel paste

pretzel jack is amazing lol

9. It is interesting that a lot of people's rankings/favorite seasons are different.

10. drewinseries

Drew

I'm right now 2>1>3, haven't watched 4 yet.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah the look and idea of that is great, but I’m pretty let down by the direction of the story and especially the villain. I also wish they had found more for Steven Weber to do because he’s one of my favorites. I’m still glad I watched it, but nothing has pushed it up higher on my list now that it’s over.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve also realized that part of my issue with S3 is that I’ve always loved search and rescue woods and it’s kind of a bummer that the story has nothing to do with it except a staircase. I think as a whole I prefer the first two seasons that kept the heart of the original stories while expanding them over the last two seasons taking one tiny element and telling a brand new story otherwise.

13. angel paste

TBH none of the seasons have super good endings, they all have great premises and visuals but the first few episodes are always the strongest

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So far S1 is the only ending that nailed it in my opinion. I really thought that tied everything up in a way that made sense and was a good mix of scary and heartwarming/heartbreaking. S2 had probably the sharpest drop in how much I cared and was wowed between the first two episodes and the rest.

15. angel paste

I haven't seen that one in a long time I will have to rewatch it

Agreed on s2 the first episode is amazing and then it just sort of flatlines after the third episode

16. angel paste

Season 3 at least has really cool uncanny visual shit in every episode to make up for the story not going anywhere really lol

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t even really enjoy the visuals because I’m so not into the story or acting. Dark and edgy Alice in Wonderland is so overdone and a lot of the over the top elements remind me of when AHS goes off the rails, and that’s so not what this show usually is. Even Rutger can’t keep me invested.

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Just finished. My immediate reaction would be 1>2, then a pretty big gap, then 4>3. Happy to finally be able to say I’ve seen it all though.

I’m still sad that S1 may never be released in an uncensored version.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

What was censored in S1? I guess I didn't notice

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It came out before they allowed audible f bombs, and either because it was lost forever or due to some kind of issue with a clean print, the edited for TV version is all that has ever been released. Even the DVD is that way.

irthesteve likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Loved season two. Can't wait to dig in to season three.

My girlfriend spoiled a bit of season two for herself. Really hoping she cute the shit for the third one lol

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

the subject matter of season 3 is... ehhh... Definitely ups the creepy level a bit tho.