Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance the Rapper Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 7, 2016.

1. GhostOverground

Ha....I'll say this: Acid Rap > Surf > 10 Day > Coloring Book.

I enjoy the album, but the praise seems a little over the top. I know Chance has to evolve and do different things, this just seems like a backwards step from Surf.

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

surf wasnt a chance project thooooo

thats like thinking cruel summer is a knock on kanyes discog, its not billed to them even if they show up on most of it. not their album

3. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Even though it's not a Chance project, I don't get how anyone could think this is a step back from Surf anyway. Coloring Book is miles better imo. Except for Sunday Candy maybe which is a perfect song.

4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Even if, stylistically going from Surf to Coloring Book seems like a progression that make sense to me.

5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah im not sure i like anything on here as much as sunday candy

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Whoa Sunday Candy was tight. Just listened.

I love Summer Friends, Finish Line, Angels, and Same Drugs.

7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Sunday Candy is a perfect song.

8. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I think this is his best work as a whole, but some highs on Surf are really high, Sunday Candy being the highest.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Acid Rap is still his best imo.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Sunday Candy is untouchable

11. GhostOverground

Coloring Book doesn't flow together the way Acid Rap (and Surf) does. I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of b-sides that all feature Chance, instead of a Chance album with a lot of guest features. Smoke Break sounds like a Future song, Mixtape a Thugger song, All We Got a Kanye song, etc.

Acid Rap was life-changing, and I'm holding the bar way too high.....I'd give Coloring Book a 6.5 of 10. Vic's new mixtape is heavier in my rotation though.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  12. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I think I probably like Acid Rap more but Coloring Book is still really good. Does kinda feel like it needs a little more Chance rapping though.

13. I couldn't disagree more strongly, each of those just feel like features. I will agree that the tracklisting maybe doesnt have the smoothest transitions but it definitely feels like Chance is the driving force behind the project.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm still waiting for a full Chance project I like. Acid Rap is the closest, but there's still a fair amount on there I don't care for. Coloring Book leaves me wanting more as well, too much on there I don't like

15. GhostOverground

"Grown Ass Kids" with Mick Jenkins was left off Coloring Book, but it's worth tracking down. I think it would be one of the best tracks on the album if it had made it.

ethansawyer likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Coloring Book is his best but Acid Rap is my favorite if that makes sense

17. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Also... Chance and Jeremih should do a collab tape

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

GettingSodas likes this.
  19. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I thought that was a pep talk on how to be on time

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Might've jumped the gun...

21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Surprise show tonight at the Metro in Chicago. $40 tickets on sale now only at the Metro box office. No online sales.

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Man I got work in the morning, and they probably already sold out.

24. Collins

Trusted

i think i listen to the live lounge version of all we got more than the studio one now. that performance gets me hyped

25. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for this prophecy

CAC3, Zac Djamoos and Owlex like this.