Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance the Rapper Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 7, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just because he has a moderate fan base and releases albums for free doesn't mean he would want to release the same day as Drake.

After the ULB verse, Sunday Candy, Angels, he is very obviously at his popularity peak so far and this next album potentially can throw him into the mainstream in a big way. That is about NEW fans, not current fans. This is big for him, and even with what you said, it's important to have his own time to shine. "This is my part, nobody else speak" is super relevant to what could be a big moment in his life and career.

Not saying he will or won't do anything, but to ignore all that seems closeminded

cshadows2887 likes this.
  2. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Been listening to Acid Rap all week. His guest verse on Life of Pablo got me hooked on his stuff. It's funny, because at first I was disappointed with his work, not knowing what to expect. Now, I listen to it and just hear one "hit" song after another.

JRGComedy likes this.
  3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

calling his fanbase moderate is misleading when surf, a project that doesnt even have his name on it, did like 800k free downloads in a week. he's already selling out shows nationwide and headlining festivals. he's borderline supernova at this point. even if he drops the day after drake it would still become arguably the biggest part of the news cycle. a surprise drop of the worlds most popular unsigned rapper vs the imperial force of drake that doesnt even have a ton of momentum right now is enough to catapult him anywhere he wants.

4. irthesteve

I just don't think he is mainstream/mainstream yet. He is obviously mainstream/hip hop, but he is not a household name by any means. I still stand by everything I said, I think it's his best bet not to release the same time as Drake

5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Not household but pretty much all my students know him

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Chance is a really big name.

But dropping your album the day after Drake's is just not the best idea

I wouldn't be surprised if he does anyway, or if he puts it out anytime between now and then, or anytime after. He could do whatever he wants and it's going to do well.

7. irthesteve

Hi everyone, I am not saying Chance isn't popular.

8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Something must be wrong cause I find myself agreeing with Steve.

9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

He doesn't need to be household yet to earn that status, even in the shadow of VFT6.

10. irthesteve

Alright, we'll just let Chance do what Chance wants to do and just agree that we'd like an album as soon as possible

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Works for me!

12. yeah but do their mom's know him? popular with kids ≠ popular generally. at most it's a good indicator of what could possibly blow up later.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Chance is on Fallon next Thursday. Have a feeling that Chance 3 should be out by the end of next week.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. Collins

Trusted

Cigarettes on cigarettes my mama think I stank

16. Best song

17. Collins

Trusted

18. Twista's, for me

GettingSodas likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I kind of hope the title isn't literally just Chance 3 but that's what it looks like

Still could not be more excited for this

20. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah, this is gonna be awesome.

21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

So is the consensus that this is probably dropping around the time of the Jimmy Fallon performance? I do kind of miss the days of concrete release dates tbh haha

22. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, swung an Apple Music exclusive.

23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

God damnit

24. GhostOverground

Is this the corner of the internet where it is safe to say anything remotely negative about Coloring Book?

25. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Depends... you feeling lucky, punk?