Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance the Rapper Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Sweet, thanks man!

dharkins likes this.
  2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

No problem! I'd say Acid Rap is probably the best starting point, then back to 10 Day/forward to Surf after that.

ChaseTx and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

There's also a lot of random tracks on his Soundcloud.

I've got them downloaded on my iTunes as "Loosies"

ChaseTx and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

he's a part of a loose collective called the social experiment, he is the most prominent member of a free itunes download called Donnie Trumpet and the Social Experiment 'Surf'

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Seeing him tonight and I'm listening to 10 Day for like the second time ever, pretty good so far. Giving him my demo, really hope he checks it out. I know how often he must get bombarded by artists with mixtapes and the like. Was supposed to see him back in November but he was sick and cancelled. My friend won a meet and greet so it's a great opportunity. Christ this post is all over the place. Yeah I'm excited and drinking

6. Fucking Dustin

I wonder if he plays any of 10 Day lately, I hope so cuz it was awesome. He did a few songs from it last time I saw him.

Signifire likes this.
  7. Signifire

Sweet, I was kinda wondering if he would but I figured I'd check it out again because I know Acid Rap like front to back and wanna be as well versed as I can be.

8. Fucking Dustin

When I saw him in 2013 it was pre-Acid Rap but it was about to come out, and he played a 3 10 Day and 4 Acid Rap tracks I think

You'll probably get a lot more music than that haha.

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

He played a couple 10 Days tracks in October, idk how much his set has changed.

10. Signifire

Haha yeah most likely he's been very active in the past year even with none of his own traditional releases. That's dope that you saw him so early on though.

11. Signifire

Which tracks in particular? Gonna try to bump those as much as possible between now and 8 o'clock EST (I have like two hours).

12. Fucking Dustin

It was the craziest thing I've ever witnessed because he pretty much blew up overnight. He played a venue to 40-50 people early that day and I saw him there, then 4 hours later he was playing with Master P for 250+, and then the next day "Acid Rain" came out I think and Chance gained so much notoriety and Acid Rap anticipation was huge.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Don't remember off hand and my date isn't on setlist, but the next show he played Brain Cells, Long Time II, 14400 Minutes.

14. Fucking Dustin

Damn, he didn't play Long Time II or 14400 Minutes at the show I went to and I love those haha. At mine he did Brain Cells, Hey Ma, and Fuck You Tahm Bout.

15. Fucking Dustin

Got me listening to 10 Day too now

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It never even occurred to me that Chance could be looked at as a spiritual successor to Kanye in a way but I saw someone say that somewhere and now I couldn't agree more

17. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing him tomorrow

18. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Never? Haha how could you not? He positions himself that way so deliberately from the first song title on acid rap

19. Fucking Dustin

The parallels between the concepts of 10 Day and The College Dropout are very strong as well. I can see how someone could overlook the successor aspect but once it clicks a little bit the rest falls into place.

20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Kanye was always more of a producer, Chance is highly influenced by Ye but I wouldn't call him a successor.

21. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i think theres enough thematic and execution similarity that they dont need to be exact.

22. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Mr. Serotonin and GettingSodas like this.
  23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yes yes yes yes yes yes

24. Signifire

:-O

25. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Oh shiiiiiiit. Lets do this.