Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance the Rapper Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 7, 2016.

1. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

So excited for new material after how good his feature was on Ultralight Beam.

2. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Subbin.

I've listened to Acid Rap and the collab album between Donnie Trumpet and The Social Experiment like once a day for the past 2 weeks.

3. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I neglect Surf too much as an album, but I always come back to Wanna Be Cool. I'll probably jam it more in the summer

4. Timmiluvs

Wanna Be Cool is one of the best no doubt. I love just putting it on and listening to it while working or something. If I listen to it without multi tasking though I might skip some tracks. Still a solid album though.

GettingSodas likes this.
  5. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Hey ma!

6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I saw him in October and honestly, I didn't have the time I expected to after seeing his live show hyped here. It was overly crowded and generally uncomfortable in the venue though, and mostly high school students who seemed like they got drunk for the first time.

Totally excited for new music though, especially after Angels and Somewhere in Paradise.

7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

chance 3 has so much potential its unreal lol

CAC3, Nick and GettingSodas like this.
  8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I vividly remember listening to Acid Rap for the first time while I was stuck in traffic on the highway and thinking "this dude's got a weird voice". I kinda thought it would be the only time I would listen to it and would never have imagined it would be so special to me down the road. I think Lost is the best song he's ever recorded (though, I think this is at least 50% because Noname).

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Between his recent features and Surf it seems like he's reached a whole new level since Acid Rap, so I'm way more excited for new material than wondering "Can he top that tape?"

GettingSodas likes this.
  10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

He was incredible at 4k it was a spiritual experience

GettingSodas likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Sunday Candy, All My Friends and Ultralight Beams have just taken him to a whole other level for me. Acid Rap is cool, but he's really on another level now

12. Timmiluvs

Chance's verses on "Sunday Candy" are great, but Jamila Woods takes it to another level. She kills it.

13. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Really need a new tape from him soon.

14. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

His stuff on the Social Experiment album was rad. Definitely looking forward to his next release

15. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I only know him from Ultralight Beam but I loved that verse. I am excited to hear more from him.

16. Timmiluvs

You need to check out Acid Rap ASAP

GettingSodas likes this.
  17. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Well I guess I know what I am doing tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. He only has two songs on Spotify which I checked out already.

18. Timmiluvs

No problem.

Acid Rap and 10 Days are two great mixtapes he's got out (the former being the better of the two) and he's also got albums out when working with a group called The Social Experiment. They have an album out with Donnie Trumpet called Surf and it's fantastic as well (although a lot different than his solo stuff).

19. irthesteve

Start here as well

ramomcferno and Timmiluvs like this.
  20. Timmiluvs

Holy damn that Snakehips song is incredible.

21. irthesteve

Song is absolute FIRE. It's already a hit in the UK and I think that Tinashe is holding off her album release in hopes that it blows up over here.

22. Timmiluvs

I've been listening to more Tinashe as of recent in preparation for that album, but that song might easily be one of my favorite songs both her and Chance have been on.

23. irthesteve

Totally agree, it's just so well crafted in every sense of the word

24. Timmiluvs

The more I like at his output since Acid Rap (that Snakehips feature, "Family Matters", "Angels", "Somewhere In Paradise" and "Hello") the more excited I get for his 3rd release. He's just releasing quality stuff and he's only getting better with every song.

25. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Chance is unreal. Remember seeing him at SXSW and thinking he was gonna blow up based off his live show alone, then came Acid Rap and knocked me on my ass. Thrilled for everything yet to come from him.