Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance the Rapper - The Big Day (July 26, 2019) Album • Page 54

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

that’s sad. I hope he’s not taking it too personally, I think/hope a lot of fans like myself would love to see him rebound.

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Not that wild. He was way overcharging for tickets. The cheapest tickets for his Chicago show back in September were $80. A lot of people don't want to or can't pay that much, especially when those are for high up seats. That, plus an album that got mixed reviews, and losing momentum/steam, makes this not too surprising.

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I was just listening to ultralight beam and remembering how great his verse was and how the coloring book delivered on that hype and now the only song I listen to on this is the song with Shawn mendes.

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I remember him saying during the stream of his album release concert, something like “No matter what happens after the release of this, I thank you for being here for me.” And I thought “What could even happen that could change that?”

It’s wild how hard he fell in two years. I don’t even think TBD is that bad, it’s just overstuffed with mediocrity and had a terrible rollout with no lead single. Dude should have just stuck to mid-size venues to test the waters and then jumped to arenas if they sold. This seems to be a mix of carelessness and miscalculation by him and his handlers. Hope he’s able to bounce back.

CAC3 likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

One TBD song plays on pop radio here

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

It’s literally not for you to speculate about whether it actually has to do with his family or not. And it’s no one’s place to put the standards of one artist/public figure against another because they do not exist as a monolith

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm just saying I don't buy it, not that that's actually the case. It's just how I see it.

CAC3 likes this.
  8. Zilla Dec 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2019)
    Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Like any artist, I don’t think he’d ever say “Well ticket sales bombed.” But him having a kid in September and being a dad vs. him losing a ton of money on a tour that’s not selling is a pretty easy decision.

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

summer friends still iconic

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's definitely poor ticket sales unfortuantely. I didn't really get much out of the album either but I really hope he doesn't let the overall terrible reception to this album get to him too much, he was one of my favorite rappers around the 10 Day/Acid Rap era and I did love Coloring Book too. I still think he has it in him to really turn it around

I don't think it's just the reception to the album that the tour didn't sell well though, he toured for like 3 years on Coloring Book alone and the tickets for those shows were significantly cheaper

Zilla and ncarrab like this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I really think this tour was too ambitious. The streaming era has warped some people's perceptions as to how big an artist actually is.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It was 100% ticket sales when he postponed the tour back in the fall and it's 100% ticket sales now that he has canceled the rescheduled dates.

MacbethSin and incognitojones like this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn this makes me sad. The album is pretty mediocre, but also the rollout was terrible.

Hopefully he rebounds with his next album.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Big Quint didn't get out of his chair. Officially a flop.

incognitojones likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I love and respect Big Quint but he also loved the new Kanye album :shrug:

I really enjoyed this album and thought it was one of the better, more memorable rap albums of the year. I know that's not a popular opinion but I don't really care since most (not all) criticisms I've heard are shallow and refer to the upbeat subject matter/lyrics. That said, I do think Chance has it in him to knock it out of the park with his next release. Bummed about the tour because I bought tickets and was majorly hyped to see some of these songs performed live.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

CAC3 and smowashere like this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

incredible performance

smowashere likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Easily one of the highlights of the album

CAC3 likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Honestly when I made my shortened playlist for this album I didn't include this. But I dug that performance. Maybe I'll listen to the album version again.

20. irthesteve

Roo is a really great song

21. Philll

Trusted

Anyone know why this is popping up in all my new release feeds on Spotify today? Is he re-launching it or something?

22. irthesteve

One of the skits showed up in my Release Radar

Philll likes this.
  23. Philll

Trusted

Same, and the album itself is in my New Releases For You section

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Think its the clean version

Philll likes this.
  25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Once I heard this slapper, I knew this album was never going to recover.