Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance the Rapper - The Big Day (July 26, 2019) Album • Page 51

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jul 16, 2018.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Seems like he's gonna start pushing Eternal

2. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Eternal is probably my favorite on this. That and Always and Foreverare probably the only ones that I love

3. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I was so excited for this, and I was just extremely disappointed. I listened to it fully twice in about a week when it first came out and I haven't come back to it since. I remember liking "Handsome" and "We Go High" but that was about it. I don't think it's a bad album, it's just that I (like so many others, it seems) hyped it up a ton and it just didn't deliver.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

He postponed the tour

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

All dates? Wondering if Chicago is rescheduled too.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Wow, that sucks. At least he's already rescheduled the dates instead of pulling a Big Sean or Pusha T and just blaming it on scheduling and canceling everything.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It looked like barely any tickets were sold for the Cle show, which was originally supposed to be Nov. 2, I think.

9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Not surprised, those were ambitious venue choices and there’s like no hype behind this.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Just isn’t selling well. His hometown has tickets for $20 on stubhub

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They removed the second Chicago show too, and it doesn't look like there's any plans to add another.

13. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

There’s barely any tickets sold for Houston

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Definitely feel like the venues were too big but I think he also genuinely has a good excuse too

I'm looking forward to February 18 now

15. Lenin

Regular

Meh, his "excuse" feels kind of insincere. Would he still be postponing if this tour was actually selling well?

16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I think a big problem is that the different players within the broader music industry haven’t quite figured out the way streaming success translates to actual mainstream popularity, ticket sales and so on. It’s not like the mostly simple formula that existed when it was all about CD sales. To me, it makes perfect sense that an artist like Chance couldn’t fill these venues, no matter how far streaming numbers push him up the charts.

17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Even when I was a big fan of Chance, I’m not paying 100 bucks to see him.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

To be fair he did fill a few of these venues during the Coloring Book tour, I think the way higher price is the biggest factor to the low sales

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  19. irthesteve

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Was hoping that the song would pop out a little more live but I thought the arrangement was a little busy and the vocals fell by the wayside a little until Smino came in and upstaged everybody.

Lenin likes this.
  21. irthesteve

weird, I thought it was a really great performance that made the song feel better than on record

22. somethingwitty

Trusted

Prices are being slashed for the rescheduled dates. GA is being split into GA1 and a less expensive GA2 option.

There’s also talk of them using reducing capacity at the venues by closing off upper level seating.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Now I'm fucking pissed I bought tickets for okay seats when I could have gotten GA tickets for less now

24. irthesteve

GA floor tickets in LA are 129 pre-fees, that's pretty crazy

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

$125+fees for GA 1 and $95+fees for GA 2 for my date