Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance the Rapper - The Big Day (July 26, 2019) Album • Page 50

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jul 16, 2018.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I think this thread is the most positive place on the internet when it comes to this album

Lenin likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

"the internet" is a scary place

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. PauLo

43% Burnt

This forum has been A LOT kinder to this record than a lot of others. And it’s not just hating on it for the sake of hating it either. Sure, it’s got some good scores here and there, but the general consensus that I have seen is that it’s a incredibly average album.

When you put out a project as good as Acid Rap, people are going to expect the same passion and energy you put into that to be put into later projects. And he’s been getting progressively worse, which is annoying because you know he can do so much better than this.

4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Coloring Book is better than Acid Rap

SpyKi, CAC3, sawhney[rusted]2 and 2 others like this.
  5. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

We gonna have to disagree on this one. Every reply to every tweet he sends (regardless of the subject) is still just “yr album sucks”. Majority of the wide spread “Criticism” is far from thought out or rational.

Also y’all who the fuck cares what twitter thinks . Bunch of dorks anyways

Aregala and The Lucky Moose like this.
  6. PauLo

43% Burnt

I mean, I don’t tend to listen to the criticism from people who don’t actually like him in the first place. They’re people with preconceived opinions on him and a weak album like this one aren’t going to change them.

7. The Lucky Moose

Co-sign

Aregala likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

What album am I hearing that’s different than everyone else? Maybe I just look for other things in hip-hop because it is not at all “weak” to me. I actually listen to this with much more enthusiasm than I do Coloring Book. Also plz tell me how does one measure the passion of an artist?

9. PauLo

43% Burnt

Opinions are subjective. To me, this is a bad album. To others, it’s not. I personally think he sounds uninterested and the project as a whole feels rushed and unfinished. That’s not hating on it. That’s an honest opinion from someone who was once a big fan of his.

I wanted this to be the album that gets me back into him but it’s just pushed me further away.

10. The Lucky Moose

It makes sense to me that we both like it tbh

Aregala and OotyPa like this.
  11. Lenin

Regular

I'd easily take Coloring Book over this. That album is so full of life and energy, and this just... isn't

CAC3 and Maybevictor like this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Coloring Book has way too low of lows, the highs are peppered around but that album has a lot more that I don't like than this album does

imthesheriff likes this.
  13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this album rules and has a ton of energy and life to it, i remain saying

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I return to the highs of coloring book often and don’t listen to this at all, so easy choice for me. I’m glad others are finding things to hold on to with this album, though. I really wanted to like it.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't think this is BAD but it's certainly his weakest project for me

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I'm just very very excited for his next project, he's gonna bounce back in a big way

or maybe overcorrect and it sucks

Signifire likes this.
  17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i forgot to mention dababy says Chance is on his new album.

OotyPa likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Is the tour not selling well? He's REALLY pushing it on Twitter the past few days

19. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

He just seems to be ignoring the negative reception. On The Breakfast Club he basically said that he was happy with the way the album has been received.

Personally, I hope he takes the backlash to heart so that he gets hungry again. This album just sounds like an artist that got comfortable who is coasting. He’s capable of better, and I think that’s the big thing with this project. It’s frustrating to listen to something as decent-at-best as this when we know he could potentially release something really amazing.

Lenin likes this.
  20. Lenin

Regular

I wouldn't be surprised. This album has been pretty much universally panned, lots of people are probably turned off of Chance right now. Other than the 3 or 4 guys in this thread who like this record, I don't know anyone else who feels that strongly about it.

21. The Lucky Moose

People really interpret too much these days lol

matthaber likes this.
  22. Philll

Trusted

Have any singles from this gained traction in the US?

23. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

The #1 thing an artist shouldn’t do is listen to his fans on what style of music to make

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Nope. The first week there were 4 tracks that debuted in the Hot 100 (nothing better than #65), but immediately fell off.

I think he really needs to push an official single. Make a video, push it to radio. He'd probably be best off with Handsome.

Philll likes this.
  25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It’s wild that the most successful aspect of this cycle for Chance was that he helped bring back Spicy Nuggets at Wendy’s.