Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance The Rapper Spring 2017 Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Feb 14, 2017.

1. TMS2787 Feb 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

[​IMG]

04-24 San Diego, CA - Valley View
    04-26 Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
    04-27 Sacramento, CA - Golden 1 Center
    04-29 Salt Lake City, UT - Maverik
    04-30 Boise, ID - Idaho Center
    05-02 Denver, CO - Red Rocks
    05-05 Dallas, TX - JMBLYA
    05-06 Austin, TX - JMBLYA
    05-07 Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion
    05-09 Tulsa, OK - Bok Center
    05-10 Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center Omaha
    05-12 St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
    05-13 Kansas City, KS - Providence Medical Center Amphitheater
    05-14 St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
    05-16 Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
    05-18 Detroit, MI - The Palace in Auburn Hills
    05-19 Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
    05-20 Pittsburgh, PA - PPG Paints Arena
    05-21 Gulf Shores, AL - Hangout Festival
    05-24 Toronto, Ontario - Budweiser Stage
    05-25 Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
    05-26 Boston, MA - Boston Calling
    05-28 Seattle, WA - Sasquatch
    05-31 Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
    06-02 New York, NY - Governor's Ball
    06-03 Virginia Beach, VA - Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater
    06-04 Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
    06-06 Baltimore, MD - Royal Farms Arena
    06-07 Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum Complex
    06-08 Charlotte, NC - PNC Music Pavillion
    06-10 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
    06-11 Atlanta, GA - Lakewood Amphitheater
    06-13 Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena
    06-14 Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena
    06-16 Eau Claire, WI - Eaux Claires Festival
    06-17 Dover, DE - Firefly Music Festival
    08-08-12 Tøyenparken, Norway - OYA Festival
    08-10-12 Gothenburg, Sweden - Out West Festival
    10-03 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Jmblya Fest in Dallas on 5/5 and Austin on 5/6

3. Scott Siegel

upload_2017-2-14_8-47-32.png

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

wonder if he's headlining made in america

fuck this being in baltimore when i'm in boston for work smh

5. SPine

Trusted

Friday night at Blossom. I'm in, even though I'm seeing him at Roo

6. TMS2787

Trusted

Am I wrong here: Chance is very hot, arguably there isn't a person in hip hop that is hotter right now but these are some really big venues without a notable support act announced? I feel like they are too big? But I could be wrong.

I am on the fence about the Blossom show on 5/19, that's the same day as Night 1 of Rock on the Range in Columbus, which Thrice is playing. I am sure Chance won't sell out so I guess I can wait until ROTR release set times and make decision.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ugh, this is my nightmare. Blossom AND likely during Eastern Conference Finals for the Cavs...Hopefully it doesn't sell out, because I wouldn't buy a ticket until like mid-May. Or I might check out the Pittsburgh date the next night to stay away from dreadful Blossom.

8. SPine

Trusted

The young people love Chance. If G-Eazy could play Blossom, Chance definitely can. It'll sell well, I'd be surprised if there's even a groupon for lawn tickets. Hoping there is though because that's what I'll be doing after dropping $400+ on Bonnaroo tickets...

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm definitely going to try and get pit tickets for Cleveland tonight. As much as I hate Blossom, I can't miss this

I do feel like this will sell out though.. Bummer about Eastern Conference Finals I wasn't thinking about that

10. TMS2787

Trusted

The young people do love Chance but a 20K venue? I don't know. I want it so well because he's good and deserve it. But… Did you go to G Eazy? I did because I got in for free and had nothing to do after work and it's only a 20 minute drive. It was so empty that I got there about 8:30 and I was able to park for free in Lot B. The pavilion was maybe 35% full and the law was a ghost town. I stayed until the end and there was no line to get out. And that had other decent sizes support: Logic, Yo Gotti and YG. I don't know who's opening for Chance. But I'm also hoping for a Groupon, I have to assume one will go up on Friday morning for $20 lawn.

11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Would really, really, reeeeaaally like to do this.

12. SPine

Trusted

Yeah I moved up from my seats for G-Eazy because it was empty haha, I only went because my friends did and I like Logic. The lawn was pretty packed in the front, I could barely get through when I was trying to find my cousin. Blink was the most packed Blossom show I went to last summer. I was figuring he was going to play Wolstein not Blossom. I don't think Chance will sell it out but only big country artists tend to sell out Blossom.

13. TMS2787

Trusted

In the front but the rest was so bare. Lol. I've been to some shows that didn't sell well there but nothing like that. And yeah, blink was crazy! I was there for that show as well. My friends didn't want to leave before the last song and they where wasted (I was the DD). And it took forever to get out. I agree that country is huge around here and does very very well. But other stuff does too: DMB, Warped Tour. I couldn't believe Snoop / Wiz sold out the place last year. Makes me wonder how Future / Migos will do.

14. cwhit

these are going to sell out
    chance is HUGE

15. NickThomas

The Baltimore venue is the same one Justin Bieber played on his 2016 summer tour, very interested to see how this sells.

16. cwhit

that venue isn't even that big, it's pretty small for a stadium. would have expected verizon center tbh. only 14k

17. SPine

Trusted

Didn't realize Snoop and Wiz sold out. Yeah DMB plays every summer yet I still haven't gone. Warped tour doesn't really sell out since it's so big. Wonder if they actually have at Blossom. Miss the Time Warner warped tour days.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't find anyone willing to buy a pit ticket with me and I don't feel like buying two so might aim for this one solo

deadwrong likes this.
  19. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Pretty bummed there's no Portland or Seattle. Darn festival radius clauses.

20. chris

Trusted Supporter

oh yeah, so the Seattle date is Sasquatch huh. Pretty generous to call that Seattle considering it's like 2 and a half hours away

tumbleweedterror likes this.
  21. TMS2787

Trusted

Oh no I was just saying that it does well. But I ageee. I miss tower city amphitheater and seeing shows there!

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I had to try for about 10 minutes but I got pit tickets!! So stoked

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Gotta love those Live Nation fees!

24. TMS2787 Feb 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

Awesome. Congratulations!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I'm having trouble trying to get within 5 or 6 sections of the stage in St. Paul, ugh