Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chain Fest Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 13, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Jul 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

2. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

This is fantastic and it's a true bummer that I can't go

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

I may have to go to this.
    Coheed, Circa, Portugal all in the same day? Pretty tempting.

4. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Zao!

whole lineup is great, though

5. NAILS

I am gay and I love margarita pizza

thats some fire

6. flask

Trusted Supporter

Very stoked that P.TM is on there. First show I ever went to at chain reaction was them in 2007.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wonder who the mystery band will be.

8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

What a sick lineup.

Chain Reaction shows have been a staple in my life since 2010 so it's cool to see this all come together.

beachdude and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  9. Matthew

Regular

TSSF got added.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Have the set times been released yet? I just realized this is going on this weekend.

11. Matthew

Regular

Set times are up: instagram.com/chainfest

12. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yeah, the Facebook event page is flooded with people complaining about the (lack of a) parking situation. Is the event itself as much of a disaster so far? I haven't seen any comments yet about the show itself, but the day is young.

13. heaththehorizon

Regular

Don't think any fest will ever top skate and surf 2013 for being the biggest shit show

14. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

My vote goes to the Alliance Festival in PA in 2013. Just about every notable band on the bill (Norma Jean, The Devil Wears Prada, Still Remains, Conditions, Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster) dropped last minute because the organizers couldn't pay them. Demon Hunter and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus got bumped up to headliners. The fest ran so far behind schedule that both of them only got to play 3 or 4 songs each. People paid for a VIP area that didn't exist. They didn't have enough manpower to have anybody at the gates so a bunch of people walked in without buying tickets. The organizer was literally begging for money on Twitter and admitting he spent all the money from ticket sales.

By far the biggest disaster of a festival I've ever seen. Pretty sure the kid behind it was like 20 at the time and it was his first time ever putting a show together.

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Thought about buying a cheap ticket off someone but now I'm kinda glad I didn't from what I'm hearing. Sounds like I'd spend an hour getting there and another hour trying to park.

16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Whoever planned this can fuck off. I had a good time today in spite of the shit storm that was parking and getting in/out of the Observatory. I've never felt so claustrophobic before today.

17. johnnyferris Sep 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2016)
    johnnyferris

The Observatory is a shitty fucking place as far as parking goes. Not surprised to hear it was a shit show.

18. farva2

Regular

I parked by my dads house about 10 minutes away and Uber'd back and forth, worked really well
    The fest was a good time. A lot of great bands and I didn't have any issues other than getting out of the venue after seeing citizen. They didn't have enough exits open or personnel to regulate the flow of people so It was a real cluster fuck and people were about 2 minutes away from panicking and trampling each other to get outside.

19. DerekIsAGooner

This. This is what I was talking about. The influx of people trying to get a spot for Anthony Green after Comeback Kid finished was frightening. It took me 15 minutes to get from the pit to outside the venue. If there was some sort of emergency we'd all have been in trouble.

20. abear182

Regular

Looks like this has returned this year!

[​IMG]

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow that's a great lineup!

22. DerekIsAGooner

I hope that everyone who goes to this has twice as much fun in my honor. I'm out of town that weekend celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary, so I won't be able to make it. This lineup is crazy, though.

23. TMS2787

Trusted

This is a great line-up. I guess listing it as “performing songs from…” means they won’t be playing the album in its entirety but the set is exclusively songs from said album? Lol.

Also, when I opened the thread I thought KITB was back! What a day that’d be.

24. johnnyferris

Damn! I’ll be out of town that weekend.

25. cronair

I'll be making the trip in from Utah, assuming I can get tix... any idea of what pricing may look like?