Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ceres - We Are a Team (April 26, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sean_rugy, Feb 13, 2019.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

soundtrack for summer

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I love the Los Campesinos influence on this, especially "Viv In the Front Seat" and "Dumb Smile".

I spent most of the weekend alternating between this and The Damned Things album.

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this : drag :: goodness : home

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Viv In The Front Seat is such a perfect mashup of Japandroids and Northstar for me

OotyPa and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

audio interview with Tom

6. BenSmith94

Trusted

Gave this a listen at work the other day and the first half of the record really stood out to me as very good.

7. Mattww

Regular

Listened to this for the first time this week when I got off the train at London bridge. I was walking down the main Street towards the Thames, with a bright blue sky and a buzz of lunchtime for the businesses. I was staring open mouthed at the incredible architecture with this album in my ears. Truly the perfect soundtrack to that moment. Very special album

johnnyutes and wisdomfordebris like this.
  8. Saephon

Regular

Returning to this thread to say that I've listened to this about 10 more times, and each time I like it quite a bit better than the last. It's definitely a grower.

Mattww and wisdomfordebris like this.
  9. Saephon

Regular

Every time I get to the bridge of "I Feel Better Outside", it makes me want to listen to Jimmy Eat World :crylaugh:

10. sean_rugy

ya’ll I would have been weak.

Mattww, coleslawed and Leftandleaving like this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This has barely been out a month and I think I’m already at the point where I can’t listen to it without being taken back to a place I don’t wanna be lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

This record is great. I loved Drag It Down on You a ton, but this is great too. Still not sure which I like more.

13. sean_rugy

record has finally arrived! worth it just for the little photo book it came with and now the clear is sold out, so that's a little plus. looking forward to spinning it tonight.

14. Mattww

Regular

I really wanted to get it but it's so much £s

15. sean_rugy

I was surprised it was only $40USD with shipping included. I had to scoop it up.

16. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I have tried 10+ times to get into this.
    Just don't like it and I don't know why. Kinda bummed

17. Mattww

Regular

I live in the UK so postage makes it crazy money. Sometimes a record is real special though so I might be tempted. Think they have a splatter variant available still

18. I didn't even think there would be a Ceres thread on here - hi! It makes me so happy reading all this love and support for the band. Drag meant so much to me and they've done it again with this. It's really special. Never thought I'd reach for a Ceres album when I need a pick me up but here we are ha

Favorite moments: when the band comes in on Collarbone at the beginning, the entire ending of Marriage, pretty sure that's a Weatherbox reference in Garden?, guitar melody on Dancing Patterns, that Stay Awake explosion, the straight up musical party after the bridge in Viv, the lyrics all around... bout a billion other things.

Kiss Me Crying is my favorite. I don't know what it is but it's impossible for me to get through that first verse without a stupid smile. It's such a good fucking album.

19. BenSmith94

Trusted

This album rips. You can tell how much work went into this album by way of how well-thought out each song is. So awesome to see an album where every song seems different enough to be its own unique entity yet also fit seamlessly into the album as a whole.

KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  20. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This album continues to grow on me with every listen and keeps drawing me back. Easily one of my favorites of the year.

Mattww and morken like this.
  21. sean_rugy

easily my number one heading into the mid-year.

Mattww and KidLightning like this.
  22. Mattww

Regular

So I pulled the trigger on the splatter vinyl. This album is so special, I had to do it.

sean_rugy and teebs41 like this.
  23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I loved their previous album, but forgot all about them. I’ll have to check this out

24. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Still fucking love this album.

25. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Is this album title an Ottawa Senators reference